02/12/13
20 comments Make This: Knotted DIY Rope Garland by   |   20 comments

I love party garlands as much as the next girl, trust me, but they’re so temporary. And truth be told, I don’t throw many parties. So I created a casual garland that fits more into the home decor category than party accessory. It’s one of the easiest garlands I’ve ever made and as soon as I get my hands on more supplies, I am knotting up another five or six strands to hang in our entryway.

It doesn’t get any easier than this one ladies. Here’s how to make your own…

Supplies: scissors and decorative rope cord or trim (that’s it!)

How-To: Start single-knotting a strand of rope every six inches or so, until you have knotted the entire length. Add additional strands of knotted rope and hang. Easy as pie. Unknot the rope when you are done using the garland and you can reuse the material for another project.

Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

Looking for more quick and easy garland ideas? Try this one.

20 comments to Make This: Knotted DIY Rope Garland Click here to reply

Make This: Knotted DIY Rope Garland: I love party garlands as much as the next girl, trust me… http://t.co/DDiz7QHl

(@papernstitch) (@papernstitch) commented on February 12th, 2013 at 11:01 am

So simple and so creative! Love it!
Sarah Hearts recently posted..Valentine’s Day Menu Template

Sarah Hearts commented on February 12th, 2013 at 11:06 am

Thanks Sarah. :)

papernstitch commented on February 12th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Make This: Knotted DIY Rope Garland http://t.co/FPtsQsP6 from @papernstitch

meet.make.laugh. (@meetmakelaugh) commented on February 12th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

Great idea! This is so inspirational, such fun. I really like the color choices. I was thinking this could look really cool on a fence outside by a garden using thick twine rope.
Dusty recently posted..DIY Pin-Cushion Jar

Dusty commented on February 12th, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Aw, thanks Dusty. I really like your idea for taking this look outdoors! If you dipped the rope in a weather resistant finish before hanging you’d probably be good to go. :)

papernstitch commented on February 12th, 2013 at 4:33 pm

Make This: Knotted DIY Rope Garland http://t.co/agIA1bXw

(@naturalssoap) (@naturalssoap) commented on February 12th, 2013 at 4:34 pm

So cute and easy as can be! Make This: Knotted DIY Rope Garland http://t.co/zMkynI9K via @sharethis

creaturecomfort (@creaturecomfort) commented on February 12th, 2013 at 11:07 pm

So simple and so cute! I’d be tickled if you’d link up at this week’s Off the Hook!
Lauren recently posted..Off the Hook {Week 3}

Lauren commented on February 13th, 2013 at 9:13 am

LOVE it!
Ashley | Sugar & Cloth recently posted..Eats // Ten minute ombre chocolates.

Ashley | Sugar & Cloth commented on February 13th, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Thanks Ashley and Lauren.

papernstitch commented on February 13th, 2013 at 4:59 pm

great idea!! so cute!

kate commented on February 14th, 2013 at 2:35 pm

I love everything about this! I think my husband would love it too. I am so glad that I stumbled upon your blog. I love the design and your lovely posts. I am definitely going to be following you on Bloglovin and GFC. Happy Friday! xx. McKenna Lou
McKenna Ryan recently posted..Dip-Dyed & Dotted Napkins

McKenna Ryan commented on April 5th, 2013 at 1:22 pm

This is a great idea ! I love it !!

Sab commented on April 18th, 2013 at 3:53 am

Aw, thanks ladies. And so glad you found me McKenna. Thanks for the kind words. :)

papernstitch commented on April 18th, 2013 at 10:11 am

Hello, Beautiful diy!
Where could I find such cute rope?
Thanks :)

Caroline Samii commented on May 26th, 2013 at 1:44 pm

Hi Caroline. I got the rope at JoAnn Fabric.

papernstitch commented on May 27th, 2013 at 3:26 pm

[...] – 2 – 3 – 4 -5 6 – 7 – 8 – 9 – 10 11 - 12 - 13 -  14- 15 16 - 17 - 18 -19 - 20 [...]

DIY fest guirlander | Emma Martiny commented on June 12th, 2013 at 4:00 am

[…] Knotted Garland from Paper & Stitch. […]

Main Ingredient Monday-Rope commented on September 16th, 2013 at 8:02 am

[…] To get the look, just knot a long strand of thick yarn every 1-2 feet, and hang. Similar to the knotted garland DIY I made a while […]

7 DIY Entertaining Hacks to Get You Through Your Next Dinner Party in Style | Paper and Stitch commented on August 27th, 2014 at 12:02 pm