06/10/13
19 comments Make This: Painted Baker’s Cup Succulent Gift by   |   19 comments

make-this-succulent-gift

Need a quick and easy thank you gift for a friend? Don’t worry, I have you covered with a budget-friendly thank you gift that pretty much anyone will appreciate – from your next door neighbor to your best friend.

I recently made these painted succulent favors for Project Wedding, but they could easily transition into a little pressie for any occasion, so I thought I would share them here. The pots are actually paper baking cups, which I painted in different designs and colors. There are stripes, polka dots, and even a few ombre ones (which actually remind me of the plaster painted votives I made a while back).

DIY // Painted Baking Cups + Succulents Gift

DIY // Succulent Wedding Favors

Concept, styling, and photography by Brittni Mehlhoff for Project Wedding.

Full tutorial and more photos here on Project Wedding.

P.S. Don’t forget about Father’s Day…If your dad like to garden this would make a great last minute gift or add-on for him too. You can easily paint the baking cups with a more masculine design.

19 comments to Make This: Painted Baker’s Cup Succulent Gift Click here to reply

Brittni Mehlhoff (@papernstitch) commented on June 10th, 2013 at 8:01 am

I have been buying succulents right and left. Seriously, these little guys are so cute and so easy to keep alive (perfect for me!). I’m loving this simple little DIY. Thanks for sharing!
Margeaux recently posted..DIY Stamps

Margeaux commented on June 10th, 2013 at 8:06 am

RT @papernstitch: Make This: Painted Baker’s Cup Succulent Gift: Need a quick and easy thank you gift for a… http://t.co/OKyKRzq8HH

@reread commented on June 10th, 2013 at 8:13 am

love this!! succulents make amazing gifts.
juni recently posted..GIVEAWAY – CANDYKINS CRAFTS

juni commented on June 10th, 2013 at 9:13 am

Oh, these are lovely- what a cute idea! I love the little thank you tags, too.

-Becca
Becca recently posted..DIY Paper Peonies

Becca commented on June 10th, 2013 at 9:33 am

These are awesome!

♥aley

Aley commented on June 10th, 2013 at 9:45 am

Oh wow i love this idea so much!! Very beautiful!! Thanks so much for sharing! Have a beautiful week and love to you!
jacqueline recently posted..A Macaron Summery Purse

jacqueline commented on June 10th, 2013 at 9:57 am

I love this. I have succulents in tea cups and planters all over my house. it is one thing I cannot kill.
Seriously Sassy Mama recently posted..These City Girls Showed Them

Seriously Sassy Mama commented on June 10th, 2013 at 12:01 pm

This would be the perfect party gift for any sort of gathering! So fun! Thanks a bunch for sharing. xx. McKenna Lou
McKenna Lou Ryan recently posted..Half-Homemade Fry Sauce and Baked Potato Wedges

McKenna Lou Ryan commented on June 10th, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Really cute idea for a party.
Cristina recently posted..Friday Favorites – Ice Cream.

Cristina commented on June 10th, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I love that you painted those little baking cups, such a great idea!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..Five Ways to use Edible Flowers

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on June 10th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Well, this is just too cute to handle!
From http://www.maggiefinejewelry.com

Maggie commented on June 10th, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Those. are. adorable. I will be doing this for some sweet gifts to give. How precious!
Trina Curran recently posted..What’s coming up this summer…on the blog!

Trina Curran commented on June 10th, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Love the cute little polka dot planters!! What a simple + fun little DIY. Will definitely have to try, I can bring a couple to my mom + dad when I visit on the weekend.

Thanks for sharing!

Alex from http://www.polkadottedpixels.com
Alexandra Pettinato recently posted..COLOUR CRUSH: Green With Emeralds

Alexandra Pettinato commented on June 11th, 2013 at 12:13 am

fantastic little DIY project for any occasion. great for a hostess gift or for take home gifts at a wedding shower. I love the polka dot ones too, and it would be fun to mix and match with different paper. Thanks for sharing.
Trix & Trumpet recently posted..Can my band have booze?

Trix & Trumpet commented on June 11th, 2013 at 11:17 am

So clever, cute and affordable!! This is a brilliant idea and I will be sharing it with my daughter-in-law as a possible table favor for her Relay For Life luncheon. Thanks for sharing with us.

Sande commented on June 11th, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Love succulents ( Hen and Chicks) super cute idea to give as gifts

Nancy Kurth commented on June 26th, 2013 at 8:34 am

[...] it might come as no surprise that I adore this craft idea from Paper & Stitch.  Check it out here and fall in love for [...]

Inspirational Ideas: My Favorite Blogs | Makeshift Living commented on July 17th, 2013 at 12:17 pm

[…] 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15 […]

15 regalos para los invitados a tu matrimonio | commented on March 21st, 2014 at 10:12 am