08/27/13
21 comments Make This: DIY Watercolor Postcard Messages by   |   21 comments

DIY // watercolor + resist postcards

I recently found blank watercolor postcards at a local art supply shop. I bought a few packs immediately, because I knew they would be fun to play around with, and have come up with a couple of ways to use them for notes to friends and family. I shared one of these ideas on Project Wedding recently: watercolor DIY save the dates.

But if you’re not getting married anytime soon, you can still use this exact same technique to create cool personalized postcards to send to blog buddies, etc. I’ve been using them a lot lately!

DIY // watercolor postcards and resist technique

watercolor postcard diy

watercolor and resist postcard DIY

The full tutorial can be found right here on Project Wedding. But before you head over there, I’m curious to know…

What color combo would you use if you were making your own set of postcards like this? I’m making a batch of ‘hello’ and ‘thank you’ postcards soon and could use some color inspiration.

This entry is filed under , , , , , , .
21 comments to Make This: DIY Watercolor Postcard Messages Click here to reply

How fun!! and pretty too!
Nicole Underwood recently posted..The Haunted Legs by Brian Cook

Nicole Underwood commented on August 27th, 2013 at 8:52 am

Thanks Nicole.

papernstitch commented on August 27th, 2013 at 9:16 am

These are so cute!

Jenn commented on August 27th, 2013 at 9:34 am

Thanks Jenn! And speaking of cute…I checked out your blog and your dog is adorable! Just had to mention that.

papernstitch commented on August 27th, 2013 at 9:39 am

this is a so nice diy, I love this idea!!

STEL STYLE recently posted..A House With Lovely Furniture

STEL STYLE commented on August 27th, 2013 at 10:08 am

Gorgeous! I love this color combo. They’d be such fun party invitations too.
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..Five Ways to Eat Your ABCs

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on August 27th, 2013 at 11:45 am

These are lovely! What a cool technique! I’ve been really into aqua and golden yellows lately, so I’d probably try that combo! Hope you find some good color inspiration!

-Becca
Becca recently posted..Salsa Verde

Becca commented on August 27th, 2013 at 11:47 am

Love that color combo idea Becca.

papernstitch commented on August 27th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

love this! watercolor is one my fav mediums. simple and fun :)

juni commented on August 27th, 2013 at 12:55 pm

love this idea! just summer feeling http://www.oh-tach.blogspot.com

Louise commented on August 27th, 2013 at 1:05 pm

These are gorgeous! and now I’m inspired to try my hand at it.
Marissa recently posted..beach lifestyle

Marissa commented on August 27th, 2013 at 3:12 pm

[…] DIY Watercolor Post Cards – Paper & Stitch  […]

DIY Watercolor Post Cards – Paper & Stitch  | DIY Glory commented on August 27th, 2013 at 4:28 pm

I love this idea! Really love the colors too! I will have to do one myself but more like wintery shades! Thank you <3

klaudia majewska commented on August 27th, 2013 at 4:55 pm

This looks like so much fun!! They’re amazing as post cards, but it’s actually inspiring me to make one just to hang in my kitchen or living room!

xo, B
BKCsquared
B recently posted..Will You Still Love Me?

B commented on August 27th, 2013 at 5:40 pm

This is such a fun idea, and so simple! Lately, I’ve been loving red and turquoise together.
Jennifer recently posted..Lookin’ Good! : Back to School – Teacher Edition

Jennifer commented on August 27th, 2013 at 11:07 pm

Thanks for the sweet compliments everyone (and the color combo suggestions).

papernstitch commented on August 27th, 2013 at 11:26 pm

I loved doing this project! I never would have thought to do these as save the dates. Beautiful colors :)
Rachel | 52 Weeks Project recently posted..DIY Color Blocked Necklace

Rachel | 52 Weeks Project commented on August 28th, 2013 at 3:10 am

This is so cool! I’m a little bit obsessed with making my own stationery, so this might need to be my next project. Thank you for sharing!

xx
youngmildandfree.wordpress.com
YoungMild&Free recently posted..Runday Funday

YoungMild&Free commented on August 28th, 2013 at 1:26 pm

[…] Make personalised watercolour postcards with paper n stitch […]

74 fun things // 35 | 74 Lime Lane commented on August 30th, 2013 at 8:14 am

Check out this AWESOME site for color palates :D

Samantha Richey commented on August 31st, 2013 at 11:54 pm

[…] http://www.papernstitchblog.com […]

Tarjetas Celebraciones – Tutoriales | La Cajita Azul commented on February 6th, 2014 at 7:18 am