03/12/14
13 comments Make This: Easter Egg + Hydrangea DIY Garland by   |   13 comments

Spring DIY // Easter Egg + Hydrangea Garland

It may be a tiny bit early to start the Easter train, but no matter how hard I try, I just cannot get into St Patrick’s Day DIYs this year (or any year, really). I’m not the only one that feels this way, am I?

So, on to Easter I go…

A long time ago I made this spring garland using pastel Easter eggs and fresh hydrangeas. But I never actually shared it here on the blog. You may remember it from Project Wedding last year. It’s super easy and looks much more fancy than it really is. Which, in my opinion, is a good combo.

Here’s how to make your own…

How to make a unique Easter garland

Pretty easy, right? You could whip up one of these garlands in less than 30 minutes. Just use eggs that have already been blown, so they’re hollow (or pick up some decorative eggs from the craft store) and you’re good to go.

Tie it all together by using a couple of the extra eggs as a super simple cake topper. And now you’re cake coordinates with your garland. Skip the flowers on the cake if it’s feeling too matchy-matchy.

how to make a unique spring garland for easter

Easter DIY // egg + hydrangea garland

Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

So what do you think? Have you started planning Easter DIYs yet? Or am I just insane? You can tell me. I can take it.

This entry is filed under , , , , , , , .
13 comments to Make This: Easter Egg + Hydrangea DIY Garland Click here to reply

How beautiful and festive.

Nina commented on March 12th, 2014 at 8:54 am

Thanks Nina.

papernstitch commented on March 12th, 2014 at 9:00 am

Wow, this is such a beautiful project. I absolutely adore pastels and anything spring-related.
Laura – Relatively Offbeat recently posted..Melt

Laura - Relatively Offbeat commented on March 12th, 2014 at 9:05 am

Thanks Laura. I’m ready for spring too. Even in Florida, it was a pretty cold winter, for the most part.

papernstitch commented on March 12th, 2014 at 10:16 am

Beautiful pastels! And it gives me a reason to dye some eggs for Easter this year.

Rebekah recently posted..Da dummm da dummm da dummm…. SHARK TOWEL!!!

Rebekah commented on March 12th, 2014 at 10:34 am

Lovely garland; perfect for Easter, or all spring!
Kim Byers @ The Celebration Shoppe recently posted..How To Make A DIY Chandelier {Embroidery Hoop Craft}

Kim Byers @ The Celebration Shoppe commented on March 12th, 2014 at 12:44 pm

So lovely and understated! Not to mention I always love an excuse to dye more easter eggs!
Erika Buckley @ Yay for Handmade recently posted..Yay for Spring Felt Flowers!

Erika Buckley @ Yay for Handmade commented on March 12th, 2014 at 1:23 pm

I remember this garland, and I was SO obsessed with it! You really know how to rock Easter, my friend!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..Kiss Me I’m Irish Free Printables

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on March 12th, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Man, I feel ya on the St. Patrick’s Day DIYs. There’s just about nothing I can do to get myself interested. Easter on the other hand… I’ve got some ideas! I adore this garland. It’s so pretty!

XOXO
Becca | Ladyface Blog
Becca recently posted..10 Things You (Maybe) Don’t Know About Me!

Becca commented on March 12th, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I’m with you…I’m totally in Easter planning mode.

Yolonda j Washington commented on March 12th, 2014 at 9:50 pm

[…] Day by Jordan Ferney. 4. Honeycomb Easter Egg Decor, published on Studio DIY by Kelly Lanza. 5. Hydrangea and Egg Garland, published on Paper & Stitch by Brittni Mehlhoff. 6. Easter Basket for Grown-Ups , published […]

Around the Web: 7 Easter DIYs | Dig This Jive: Christine Pasalo's blog commented on April 4th, 2014 at 4:07 pm

[…] {The hydrangea in this egg garland is outstanding. It adds such a lovely floral touch to the whole look. Get the DIY tutorial from Paper n Stitch.} […]

Easter Egg Garland! - B. Lovely Events commented on April 16th, 2014 at 9:42 pm

[…] I just adore this simple Easter egg hydrangea garland by Paper & […]

Make it Friday: Easterish DIYs Jade and Fern commented on April 18th, 2014 at 8:02 am