04/08/14
20 comments Make This: DIY Bouquet Bombing Surprise by   |   20 comments

Alright, so one thing you probably don’t know about me is that I love surprises. Some people hate them. I am not one of those people.

I love surprising other people with little things and I LOVE being surprised as well.

Soooo, I wanted to do something along those lines for Easter this year with a surprise bouquet bombing. The thought is that you could whip up a few of these mini bouquets, along with a card, and go bomb friends’ and families’  doorsteps with a little card and flowers to say Happy Easter.

Bouquet with Juliet Garden Roses + Willow Eucalyptus

This would work just as well for Mother’s Day, birthdays and general ‘thank you’s too. It’s like sending a card in the mail, only WAY more awesome. Here’s how to make your own…

Supplies:

I used a variety of flowers from Flower Muse, which is my absolute favorite place to get flowers. Can you tell? I use them a lot.

Here’s the list of flowers I used: Juliet Garden Roses, Ivory Garden Roses, Parrot Tulips, Thistle, Lavender,  Willow Eucalyptus. In addition to flowers, you’ll also need floral tape, a card with envelope, pen, scissors, and ribbon. I used this velvet ribbon from Minted.

How To Bouquet for Easter or Mother's Day

How-To:

1. Create a small bouquet of flowers, similar to how I’ve made DIY bouquets in the past. Some of my past tutorials for bouquets include: budget friendly spring bouquetmini message bouquet DIY, and Mother’s Day bouquet. Then secure with floral tape. Cut the stems at the bottoms so they are all the same length, if you wish.

2. Add a long ribbon, so you can use it to tie to the door handle if needed.

3. Write a quick note or card and head out to deliver your bouquet.

4. When you arrive at your friend’s house, quietly attach the bouquet and the note to their front door. Knock or ring the doorbell and run!

Knock, knock, run // surprise flower bouquet bombing

small bouquet for Mother's Day or Easter

Leave a bouquet of flowers on someone's doorstep

DIY Idea // Leave a Bouquet on Someone's Doorstep

So, what do your think? Are you willing to give this bouquet bombing surprise a try for Easter? Mother’s Day? Or any other special occasion?

Concept and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff // Photography by Kelly Lanza and Brittni Mehlhoff

20 comments to Make This: DIY Bouquet Bombing Surprise Click here to reply

Awww I LOVE this!
Rebekah {aCricketSang} recently posted..Homemade DIY Rose Sugar Scrub

Rebekah {aCricketSang} commented on April 8th, 2014 at 8:25 am

So cute, such a gorgeous idea! Even people who don’t like surprises couldn’t be opposed to this idea! :)
Lauren recently posted..The Roaring Twenties

Lauren commented on April 8th, 2014 at 8:40 am

they are better than eggs, they don’t make you fat
Ailyn recently posted..Exercise Monday: Lat Pull down

Ailyn commented on April 8th, 2014 at 9:14 am

As kids we always did this for neighbors on May 1st (May Day). We would make little paper baskets, fill them with flowers and leave them for our friends and neighbors.
Thanks for reminding me! I may (heehee) have to start this tradition up again with my 2 yr old.
Kate recently posted..Snowday cookies!

Kate commented on April 8th, 2014 at 9:50 am

love the whole “flower bombing” thing. such a sweet idea.

Christina Lacourte ~ Flowers + Love commented on April 8th, 2014 at 9:54 am

This is the sweetest surprise! I love how it turned out! Thanks for the inspiration!
Kari recently posted..GO BLOG SOCIAL BLOGGING CONFERENCE

Kari commented on April 8th, 2014 at 11:23 am

Yay!! This is the sweetest surprise, B! My mom would be over the moon if I did this for her for Mother’s Day!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Origami Easter Bunny Baskets (Free Printable!)

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on April 8th, 2014 at 11:55 am

So sweet.
Yolonda j Washington recently posted..HOW TO STYLE YOUR COFFEE TABLE

Yolonda j Washington commented on April 8th, 2014 at 1:26 pm

what an adorable idea! I love this. :) and, what a lovely bouquet you made! I think you did, but adding a sweet little note would make it all the more special :)
Dusty recently posted..Lately // The Storm in Coming

Dusty commented on April 8th, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Oh! I LOVE this!

Brittany commented on April 8th, 2014 at 8:22 pm

This is the cutest idea ever!
chelsea recently posted..Book Questions: P A R T O N E.

chelsea commented on April 9th, 2014 at 6:41 am

Brilliant idea! What a delightful way to surprise someone!
Karen @ Pieces of Contentment recently posted..Brand New!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment commented on April 10th, 2014 at 4:53 am

In fact I think I might get busy and plant some seeds to grow flowers just to bless others like this!
Karen @ Pieces of Contentment recently posted..Brand New!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment commented on April 10th, 2014 at 4:56 am

This is such a cute and fresh idea! I’ll definitely be trying this one. If not flower bombing, then baked goods bombing!
Jacqueline recently posted..Welcome!

Jacqueline commented on April 10th, 2014 at 12:00 pm

[…] Mike’s travels in Spain, there photos just constantly have me in awe, it looks so amazing ! // THREE Love this DIY flower bombing idea, so cute ! What a fantastic surprise this would be […]

LINK LOVE // 06 | Folk & Fest commented on April 11th, 2014 at 6:14 am

I absolutely LOVE this idea! Unfortunately here in London everyone I know lives in apartment blocks so there’s no way to bomb their front door without them first letting me in their building … perhaps if I lurk outside the apartment block someone will let me in …

natasha commented on April 11th, 2014 at 9:14 am

[…] bouquets for Easter and Mother’s Day as well. What do you think? You could use them for the surprise bouquet bombing idea too to say happy spring to a neighbor or […]

Make This: A Tiny DIY Bouquet for Spring | Paper & Stitch commented on April 14th, 2014 at 8:00 am

See, this is why i wish we were neighbors! I love this, Britt.
Lexy | The Proper Pinwheel recently posted..DIY // His & Hers Easter Eggs

Lexy | The Proper Pinwheel commented on April 18th, 2014 at 12:37 am

[…] 8. DIY Bouquet Bombing Surprise […]

13 DIYs to Try Before Easter | Paper & Stitch commented on April 18th, 2014 at 8:01 am

[…] DIY bouquet bombing surprise for Mom from Paper & […]

13 DIYs to Try Before Mother’s Day | Paper & Stitch commented on May 9th, 2014 at 8:01 am