The Best Blueberry Popsicle Recipe

Best blueberry popsicle recipe

Okay, I realize I may be pushing it on the popsicle front. But there is (at least) one more popsicle recipe that I’ve been meaning to whip up for months and I just never got around to it. Until now.

It’s striped and involves blueberries (which kind of look like polka dots), so I’m hoping you’ll jump on the popsicle train with me one more time. Chu-chu!

Make these striped blueberry punch popsicles with four ingredients…

Blueberry popsicle recipe

Ingredients and Supplies:

fresh blueberries, blueberry lemonade, pink lemonade, mango lemonade (or regular lemonade), popsicle mold (I use one from Amazon), popsicle sticks

How To:

1. Start by pouring a small amount of lemonade into each of the popsicle molds. The stripes are created in stages, so only fill the molds up about 1/3 of the way for this first one. I did a few popsicles with each of the three lemonades at the bottom, to change up the look from popsicle to popsicle.

2. Next, add some blueberries to each popsicle well and freeze until hardened (45-90 minutes typically).

3. Remove the mold from the freezer and add your popsicle sticks. Push them into the hardened layer of lemonade, so that they’ll stand on their own. Then pour a second round of lemonade in each of the wells, alternating the kind of lemonade in each well. Again, only fill another 1/3 of the way full.

4. Add more blueberries and freeze again.

5. Pull out the popsicles again, once the second layer has hardened. Add the last layer of lemonade in the last and final flavor to each popsicle. Add blueberries. Freeze until full hardened.

Once you’re ready to eat, run molds under warm water for 15-20 seconds to easily pop the popsicles out of the mold. And enjoy!

Striped Blueberry Popsicles

Summer Please Don't Go

I may have had a little bit too much fun playing with the blueberries for this project. But there’s no way to know for certain.

Blueberry Popsicles Recipe

Striped Blueberry Popsicles

Striped Blueberry Popsicle Recipe

Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

Clearly, I’m having issues with saying goodbye to summer. And I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I kind of dislike fall colors and general fall related things (DIY wise) with a passion. Anybody else know where I’m coming from on this one?

P.S. My friend Brittany from The House that Lars Built posted some berry lemonade popsicles, a while back, that have edible flowers in them. Check those out here.

This entry is filed under , , , .

Mmmmz I don’t dislike fall, but it’s a wee chilly for me so far.

So yeah, I’d eat popsicles and shiver and drink cocoa and smile just about any day now.
Gianna recently posted..Interrupted

Gianna | September 15th, 2014 at 9:09 am

After this post, I’m definitely making Popsicles this week. I think lemonade strawberries with a hint of champs!
Yolonda j Washington recently posted..SWEAT IT OUT

Yolonda j Washington | September 15th, 2014 at 9:52 am

jummi!!!

♥♥♥
lg,
Majka
Majka recently posted..dm Lieblinge September 2014

Majka | September 15th, 2014 at 10:41 am

Wow these look absolutely amazing!
Lucy x
Lucy recently posted..Barry M Nail Varnishes

Lucy | September 15th, 2014 at 11:20 am

I think more foods should be striped! I love these and I agree, thumbs down to fall colors! Long live pink!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Emoji Balloons

Kelly @ Studio DIY | September 15th, 2014 at 11:54 am

These look so refreshing! I don’t want summer to end.
Anna S. recently posted..What to Wear: Fall Wedding

Anna S. | September 15th, 2014 at 12:25 pm

This look so beautiful and yummy! Great pictures.
Sugar Sweet Style recently posted..OOTD – Last drops of summer

Sugar Sweet Style | September 15th, 2014 at 12:56 pm

They look so nice and refreshing, not to mention healthy! Beautiful! Abi :)
Abi recently posted..Day Out At The Theatre!

Abi | September 15th, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I personally have really enjoyed all of your popsicle recipes, and would be more than happy to see you post a couple of more. It’s been so incredibly hot, and popsicles just seem to hit the spot.

-Helen

Helen Grace recently posted..Lazy Weekend in Boyfriend Jeans

Helen Grace | September 15th, 2014 at 2:17 pm

I definitely didn’t eat enough popsicles this summer! I think I have the same popsicle mold as you do, but I have a question… does it come apart for cleaning? I made chocolate pudding pops (delicious!), but it was a bit messy filling the molds (I piped it in using the cut off corner of a zipper bag, but it still got a little globby). I don’t want to force it apart and break the molds!

Cindy G. | September 15th, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Oh my goodness! I love this, I have been dying to make these and the time is coming to an end where it is warm enough! I think these types pops are so delicious, so easy and just the right touch when you there are things that you are wanting to hit the spot! Love what you have done here!

Sincerely, Shelbi

Shelbi Elkin | September 15th, 2014 at 8:43 pm

This looks super delicious, I’d love to try some!

Laura | September 15th, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Because yes. For reasons.
xoxo
The Accidental Mama
Laura recently posted..The Accidental Mama gets Married

Laura | September 16th, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Shared you in my Link Love!
xoxo Aimee
Aimee recently posted..Link Love | NYC, Summer, and Makeup

Aimee | September 16th, 2014 at 5:20 pm

[…] your belly: These pretty popsicles, French eating tips (that I would love to adopt), and healthy fudge (I know, I […]

Weekend Reads | September 19th, 2014 at 6:05 am

[…] the best blueberry popsicles recipe (it involves colorful […]

7 DIYs to Try This Weekend | Paper and Stitch | September 19th, 2014 at 8:00 am

[…] starting, I thought it was about time for a pie DIY. I had some extra blueberries leftover from this popsicle project, so I was able to use the rest of them in this super easy mini message hand pie […]

Quick and Easy Blueberry Hand Pie Recipe | Paper and Stitch | September 22nd, 2014 at 8:00 am

[…] been much cooler and breezy. Which is actually getting me excited about fall – something I wasn’t all that pumped about just a couple of weeks […]

Make This: DIY Enamel Camp Mugs for Fall | Paper and Stitch | September 30th, 2014 at 8:00 am

Someone has been busy making a lot of different flavoured popsicles! I have to say, this might be the recipe for me to try because I just LOVE blueberries. Scrumptious, aren’t they?

Olivia recently posted..Perspective – Dead Poets Society 3/5

Olivia | October 4th, 2014 at 4:58 am

[…] Will definitely be pulling out this recipe during […]

Friday Finds | | October 24th, 2014 at 3:25 am

[…] by Katie Daisy » popsicles via Paper & Stitch […]

Monday Moodboard #17: there are always... » blog.mliees.com | June 29th, 2015 at 3:56 pm