Just Peachy: Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream for National Peaches and Cream Day

Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream for National Peaches and Cream Day

Now that I live in Georgia (which is the peach state), I kinda feel like it wouldn’t be right to ignore national peaches and cream day. So, I have a quick grilled peaches recipe for you that you should totally try this weekend.

We made a bunch of these yesterday, and will be eating them all day everyday until they’re gone. No complaints here. So good!

Recipe // Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream for National Peaches and Cream Day

– peaches
– vanilla ice cream
– honey
– brown sugar or raw sugar
– sea salt or sea salt flakes (we used flaked sea salt)
– canola oil (for brushing grill grates)

Clean grill grates. Brush them with canola oil and preheat on a low to medium heat.

Cut the peaches in half and remove pits.

Sprinkle sugar on top of each half of the peach to your liking and place them on the grill for 10 minutes (cut side facing up). Then, flip the peaches over so the cut side is facing down onto the grill for 15-20 minutes (or until the desired caramelization is achieved – if you want the peaches more towards the firm side, you’ll want to cook them for less time).

Remove from the grill and let the peaches cool for a few minutes. Then scoop vanilla ice cream on top of each peach. Add a drizzle of honey over top and some sea salt and they’re ready to eat.

Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream for National Peaches and Cream Day

Recipe // Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream for National Peaches and Cream Day

This recipe is perfect for summer…somewhere between decadent and healthy. Which sounds like a pretty good place to be, if you ask me.

That little bit of salt tastes so good with the sweetness of the peach and ice cream. But if you’re looking for more ways to change up the flavor, I have a few ideas… Add a tiny pinch of ginger for a little bit of added kick. Or cinnamon to punch up the sweetness.

This would be really good with grilled pineapple too. Which I’m bound to try eventually.

Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream for National Peaches and Cream Day

Recipe // Grilled Peaches and Ice Cream for National Peaches and Cream Day

Recipe by Linda Jednaszewski
Photography and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

What are your favorite summer dessert recipes? Do you do a lot of fruit based desserts during the summer?

P.S. If you want to make your own homemade vanilla ice cream for these grilled peaches, use this recipe. Just leave out the waffle pieces and maple syrup and you’re good to go.

These pictures are making my mouth water! I love grilling peaches during the summer!

Megan @ A Dash of Megnut | June 17th, 2015 at 9:37 am

Thanks Megan. I’m super into grilling all kinds of fruits right now. My assistant, Linda, is the one who got me into it and now I can’t stop. So good (and easy too).

Brittni | June 17th, 2015 at 9:40 am

Ah these look delicious! I always mean to try grilled peaches but always forget when the BBQ is out. I’ve also seen a recipe for grilled peaches with balsamic vinegar and honey which I think would go well with ice cream too.
Kelsey recently posted..Gamerbake!

Kelsey | June 17th, 2015 at 9:42 am

Oh, balsamic vinegar and honey sounds like an awesome combination too, Kelsey. I will definitely have to try that.

Brittni | June 17th, 2015 at 9:50 am

Looks delicious! So perfect for summer in Atlanta :)
Georgia @ Silver Spiral Studio recently posted..DIY Metal Stamping Tutorials – Roundup

Georgia @ Silver Spiral Studio | June 17th, 2015 at 10:28 am

Right, Georgia? Perfect for Atlanta.

Brittni | June 17th, 2015 at 10:33 am

Yumm! The pictures have my mouth watering… I have to make these soon.
Courtney-Lynn recently posted..Friday Links!

Courtney-Lynn | June 17th, 2015 at 10:59 am

YUM! We happen to have peaches in our fridge right now, so we’ll be having this for dessert tonight!

Paige recently posted..DIY Minion Juice Box Cover

Paige | June 17th, 2015 at 12:55 pm

this looks amazing!!! Lovely photography too!
Emily recently posted..Everyday Makeup Look for Work

Emily | June 17th, 2015 at 2:25 pm

Oh, I love peaches so much. This looks so delicious with the ice cream! Never thought of adding sea salt onto sweet items but it makes sense (:

xx Jia
honey&gazelle recently posted..Tutorial // How to Create Clipping Masks in Photoshop

honey&gazelle | June 18th, 2015 at 2:23 am

looks scrumptious!! such a great idea :)

Anna | June 18th, 2015 at 7:34 am

Looks delicious! I’ve tried grilled pineapples with ice cream already, maybe now it’s time for peaches. Fruits and ice cream are such a great combination for summer.

A Girl and Her Dinosaur | June 18th, 2015 at 7:38 pm

Peaches are already good but now they have become decadent. Thanks

Pat schwab | June 19th, 2015 at 3:34 am

[…] Featured Recipe: Paper & Stitch […]

10 Mouth-Watering DIY Dessert Recipes - MODwedding | June 22nd, 2015 at 8:01 am

[…] kan grilla nästan vad som helst. LÃ¥t kreativiteten flöda när du sätter samman middagsmenyn. Volang tipsar om nÃ¥got sÃ¥ enkelt och gott som grillade persikor med en kula vaniljglass. Receptet hittar […]

Bjud in till festligaste sommarfesten! | ELLE Decoration | July 4th, 2015 at 2:00 am

[…] ELLE Decorations bloggare Volang bjuder pÃ¥ ett smarrigt recept pÃ¥ grillade persikor med vaniljglass som hon hittat hos inspirerande bloggen Paper and  Stitch!  […]

Volang bjuder på grillade persikor och vaniljglass! | ELLE Decoration | July 4th, 2015 at 12:00 pm

[…] grill while you still […]

Friday Links - The Crafted Life | September 18th, 2015 at 9:44 am

OMG this looks like heaven in your mouth!!! I love peaches and with ice cream!? Too good!
xoxo Annie
Annie Abbey recently posted..DL1961 DENIM **GIVEAWAY!!!**

Annie Abbey | January 13th, 2016 at 8:31 am

This sounds so good! Grilled peaches are the best!! Can’t wait for them to be in season!

Eden Passante | April 9th, 2016 at 4:02 pm

[…] Grilled Peaches & Ice Cream Photo courtesy of Paper & Stitch […]

10 Sweet & Simple Summer Fruit Desserts – Fitbit Blog | May 18th, 2016 at 11:01 am