12/05/12
8 comments More Holiday DIYs to Try by   |   8 comments

Okay, so I’ve been a busy little bee lately with DIY projects. And I wanted to share two of my most recent holiday DIYs with you that I did for Curbly. Cool?

First, is this 6 ft tall space-saving alternative Christmas tree idea. This is the largest project (physical scale wise) I’ve ever done and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. You can read the full step-by-step instructions and see more photos right here, if you’d like.

And if you’re curious how I made the garland that is on the tree, I have a DIY for that too: the 5 minute garland DIY is so easy a cave man could do it. Sorry, I had to say it.

What have you been up to lately? Anything fun?

8 comments to More Holiday DIYs to Try Click here to reply

(@papernstitch) (@papernstitch) commented on December 5th, 2012 at 11:00 am

RT @papernstitch: More Holiday DIYs to Try: Okay, so I’ve been a busy little bee lately with DIY projects. And… http://t.co/KETeLpQ6

(@ExploreHandmade) (@ExploreHandmade) commented on December 5th, 2012 at 11:02 am

I love your DIYs! A question.. where do you get your string? I’ve looked in craft stores but I can’t seem to find any neon string in big spools like that.
Alison recently posted..Cables!

Alison commented on December 5th, 2012 at 11:24 am

Hi Allison. This is the exact string
that I use (from Amazon) for the neon string projects. I’ve been using the same package of string for nearly a yearly now and still have plenty. Hope that helps. Thanks for stopping by.

papernstitch commented on December 5th, 2012 at 11:27 am

Oh I love it! what a great backdrop for festive photos too :)
Jenny recently posted..Snowflake 300

Jenny commented on December 5th, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Thanks Jenny.

papernstitch commented on December 5th, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I really like the unconventional Christmas colors! So fresh and still festive!
Featheringtodo recently posted..A lovely little breakfast in bed

Featheringtodo commented on December 6th, 2012 at 5:56 am

What a fabulous idea, I love the photo its stunning, just need to find a bit of wall now, might have to start rearranging ready for Christmas!!
Thanks for sharing :0)