04/29/13
21 comments Make This: Typography Wall Art Decal by   |   21 comments

Make This: Typography Wall Art DIY

Mondays are always the most difficult, aren’t they? Trying to get back in the swing of things after the weekend. I feel ya. I really do. So I thought I’d ease into the new week with a peek into my workspace and a DIY that just might inspire you to create / work / etc this week.

Here’s the story… I needed a temporary wall art solution for our apartment, so I grabbed a few yards of fabric + my trusty scissors, took a whole LOT of measurements, and whipped up a batch of corn starch glue. The result is this (removable) giant fabric typeface decal. I am really happy with how it turned out and it won’t damage the walls when it comes time to take it down. All the details for making your own here.

make-this-typography-wall-art

The typeface is Neutra Text in case you were wondering. Visit Curbly here for the full tutorial and more photos.

This entry is filed under , , , , .
21 comments to Make This: Typography Wall Art Decal Click here to reply

Brittni Mehlhoff (@papernstitch) commented on April 29th, 2013 at 8:01 am

RT @papernstitch: Make This: Typography Wall Art Decal: Mondays are always the most difficult, aren’t they… http://t.co/eLaLY1gMxT

@themasonbee commented on April 29th, 2013 at 8:07 am

Fanchimp (@fanchimp) commented on April 29th, 2013 at 9:17 am

That is pretty cool!
Seriously Sassy Mama recently posted..A Before And After

Seriously Sassy Mama commented on April 29th, 2013 at 9:38 am

Thank you! Glad you like it.

papernstitch commented on April 29th, 2013 at 11:06 am

Love this! So simple, clean, and adorable! What an inspiring work space! :)

Amanda Perry commented on April 29th, 2013 at 11:42 am

Well, thanks Amanda. :) And P.S. Those neon cork gifts tags you posted on your blog are pretty dang cute. Thanks for stopping by.

papernstitch commented on April 29th, 2013 at 11:48 am

You know I love this! I bet it would be great for a party too since it’s easily removable!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Fresh Flower Envelope Garland

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on April 29th, 2013 at 12:19 pm

Thanks Kel. Yep, would be great for a party. It comes off super easily and then you just scrub it down with a wet rag to remove any glue remnants. Easy peasy!

papernstitch commented on April 29th, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Brittni Mehlhoff (@papernstitch) commented on April 29th, 2013 at 1:39 pm

RT @papernstitch: Take a peek into my workspace http://t.co/Izr0l3SxfR (plus a typography inspired #DIY to try)

Brandi Powell (@sweetharvey) commented on April 29th, 2013 at 3:05 pm

This looks great, perfect for us ‘forever renters’ x

Jo commented on April 29th, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Oooh nice idea and I’m very envious of your work space. I’m inspired to try it on my white dining room…maybe in Japanese characters!

Rin commented on April 29th, 2013 at 7:47 pm

Very cool! I’ve never heard of that DIY glue before- thanks for sharing!
Jessica @shimmerkai recently posted..Printable Nautical Note Card

Jessica @shimmerkai commented on April 30th, 2013 at 6:44 am

Thanks ladies! Glad to hear you liked my project.

papernstitch commented on April 30th, 2013 at 11:26 am

Your wall art looks gorgeous, very well done! I’ve got this linked to my decals project post too today!
Inspire Me Heather recently posted..project: decals

Inspire Me Heather commented on May 13th, 2013 at 10:10 am

Awesome Heather. Thanks for linking to my project.

papernstitch commented on May 13th, 2013 at 10:18 am

A great idea to spice up a wall – and it looks so natural! http://t.co/1Up4J6URuq Found on @papernstitch

Stephanie Gerber (@henryhappened) commented on May 23rd, 2013 at 6:32 pm

RT @henryhappened: A great idea to spice up a wall – and it looks so natural! http://t.co/leIhcs7cr4 Found on @papernstitch

@ohsoverypretty commented on May 24th, 2013 at 3:16 pm

[...] the paint chip calendars? Up next, I’m finishing my meditation corner by placing some typography decals on the walls with cornstarch glue, which I learned about in a recent email newsletter. I would [...]

Giveaway! Brit Kit from Brit + Co. : School of Moxie commented on June 2nd, 2013 at 12:19 am

[…] Sew Fabric Banner / Typography Wall Art Decal / Fruit and Veggie Bags / Watercolour Postcard […]

Blogger Favourites: Handmade Edition | Jessthetics commented on September 29th, 2013 at 6:31 pm