10/16/13
21 comments Make This: Fresh Flower Halloween Sign by   |   21 comments

flower-diy-for-halloween-2

Here we are…day three of DIY Halloween week on P & S. Are you feeling these projects? I hope so, because I have another for you…

I’m going a little bit more ‘pretty’ for today’s Halloween project. Since I’ve been sticking with the creepy stuff mostly, it feels like a good change of pace for a Wednesday. So, here’s what happened… I picked up a bunch of flowers at the grocery store and pretty much followed the exact process of the giant flower ampersand I did a while back.

I freehanded the letters on a piece of mat board and cut them out. Then, I cut the stems off of a $4 bunch of flowers (I chose daisies because they’re hearty and will stay fresh without water for days AND this color combo kind of looked like bloodshot eyes to me. What do you think?) and attached them to the letters one by one with a hot glue gun. Pretty easy!

Fresh Flower Halloween DIY

I was thinking that these would make a cool sign for a front door, since they’re so light (you could stick them to the door with tape or Command strips). But you could also poke holes in each letter and turn it into a decorative garland/banner. Side Note: It was pointed out to me, in process, that ‘EEK’ actually only has two E’s, but I feel like this is a word that you can take some liberties on the ‘E’. So, we’re going with a really scared ‘EEK’…more like ‘EEEEEEEEK. I’m so scared.’ kind of a sign. Ha!

What do you think? Will you be making one of these for your door or porch this year?

flower-diy-for-halloween-9

Today’s post is part of DIY Halloween week on Paper & Stitch (all DIYs, all week long). Check out this week’s other posts so far… Halloween Party Straws DIY and Creepy Cat Eye No-Carve Pumpkins

And for even more DIY projects like this one, visit the DIY + Tutorials page.

This entry is filed under , , , , , , .
21 comments to Make This: Fresh Flower Halloween Sign Click here to reply

Love this! I’m picturing it with orange & dark red flowers too.

Melissa commented on October 16th, 2013 at 9:10 am

Agreed. Orange and dark red would look great Melissa.

papernstitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 9:30 am

I love this! I’m more a fan of cute halloween decorations than scary ones so I appreciate the flower tutorial!
Whimsy Darling
Alex recently posted..Halloween Window Decorations

Alex commented on October 16th, 2013 at 9:31 am

Thanks Alex. I’m definitely partial to flower DIYs as well.

papernstitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 9:34 am

I love this!!!!! So simple but huge visual impact! I want these for everyday. All over my home!
Sharon Garofalow recently posted..Cute Umbrellas for Rain or Shine

Sharon Garofalow commented on October 16th, 2013 at 11:09 am

Thanks Sharon!

papernstitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 11:30 am

So adorable! I’m getting married next Fall and I think something like this in our wedding colors – like maybe a Mr & Mrs sign – would be so fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

Jamie @
The Growing Up Diaries
Jamie recently posted..Never Ever Ever {10.15.13}

Jamie commented on October 16th, 2013 at 11:42 am

That would be so cool Jamie. Be sure to check out my other flower posts on the blog for inspiration, if get a chance: http://www.papernstitchblog.com/tag/flowers/

Almost all of them would work for a wedding. :)

papernstitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 11:44 am

You are just the queen of awesome flower projects!!!! I love how non traditional this is for Halloween. That holiday could certainly use some flowers!! Amazing!!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Clever Halloween Costume Toppers (Part 2)

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on October 16th, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Aw, thanks Kel! I try. :)

papernstitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I LOVE all of your Halloween DIY ideas you’ve been posting!! Getting me so in the mood :) This one is my fave so far – scary yet pretty at the same time – is that possible?
Jessica (Coco & Mingo) recently posted..Talk / Shop with: Tristan from Besotted Brand

Jessica (Coco & Mingo) commented on October 16th, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Haha. Thanks Jessica. I think it’s definitely possible (scary and pretty at the same time). Loved your interview with Tristan, by the way!

papernstitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 1:00 pm

So cute! You could also use the same technique for year around holidays too! Great idea and great inspiration, I just may have to give it a try!
Nicki Traikos recently posted..What Gratitude Really FEELS like.

Nicki Traikos commented on October 16th, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Definitely Nicki. You could make these for all kinds of holidays and occasions. I’m thinking about making one for Thanksgiving as well, actually (so look out for a post on that next month if I’m able to find the materials I’ll need).

papernstitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 1:29 pm

This is an awesome tip , also want to recommend one great blog on which I stumbled upon recently
Grace recently posted..DIY Accessories : New Feather Look For Old Wedges

Grace commented on October 16th, 2013 at 1:36 pm

This is such an adorable tutorial – and quite different from all the spooky ones I see this time of year!

Jem recently posted..Daisies | A Nail Tutorial

Jem commented on October 16th, 2013 at 11:43 pm

This is fun! I love the color of daisies that you chose. I would definitely try this if my cat wouldn’t try to eat the flowers – silly thing!
Stacia recently posted..Fall Items I’m Obsessed with Right Now

Stacia commented on October 17th, 2013 at 12:38 am

[…] Visit papernstitchblog for more details here: Pretty Flower Halloween Sign […]

Fresh Flower Halloween Sign | Home and Garden | CraftGossip.com commented on October 17th, 2013 at 10:57 am

Thanks so much ladies. I appreciate the sweet comments. And Stacia – I know, right! Cats are always getting into things they shouldn’t be. I’m constantly worried that Franz & Gertie will get into my flowers because so many flowers are toxic to cats. I try to keep everything up high though, so they can’t get to ‘em.

papernstitch commented on October 17th, 2013 at 11:04 am

!!! This is the cutest! Love, love, love!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog
Becca recently posted..Weekly Wishlist: Cozy Coats under $275!

Becca commented on October 19th, 2013 at 3:30 pm

What a cute craft! We tweeted it.
Sarah recently posted..The REAL Thanksgiving Centerpiece