Make This: Molded Mini Clay Pumpkins DIY

clay pumpkins diy

Happy Thursday! It’s day four of DIY Halloween week, and I have to say…I feel a little bit like I’m cheating for today’s DIY because this project isn’t just for Halloween…It works for Thanksgiving and the fall season as well.

Make a batch of these cute molded pumpkins for pretty much anything you can think of:  cupcake toppers, drink stirrers, cork toppers, etc. They would even look cute on the table, poking out of a floral centerpiece or planter.

You can visit One Charming Party for the full tutorial, but here’s the gist…

molded clay pumpkins DIY

After baking according to instructions, attach to cork wine stoppers with craft glue. Great for parties and gifts.

pumpkin wine stoppers DIY

OR add bamboo skewers for cupcake toppers and planter decorations…

mini clay pumpkins fro Halloween

clay pumpkins how-to

Todays post is part of DIY Halloween week on Paper & Stitch (all DIYs, all week long). Check out this week’s other posts so far… Halloween Party Straws DIY,  Creepy Cat Eye No-Carve Pumpkins, and a DIY Fresh Flower Halloween Sign

And for even more DIY projects like this one, visit the DIY + Tutorials page.

This entry is filed under , , , , , , , .

I love the idea of using these as cork toppers! They’d work great for dressing up a Thanksgiving housewarming gift!

Diana recently posted..Pumpkin Pie Dip Recipe

Diana | October 17th, 2013 at 9:26 am

I agree with you Diana. It would be perfect for a Thanksgiving gift with a bottle of wine. By the way, I just checked out your blog and those chocolate peanut butter cupcakes look delicious.

papernstitch | October 17th, 2013 at 9:30 am

I love it! Such a cute way to add Fall to your house. Thanks for sharing 😀
Sarah recently posted..Throwback Thursday – Philskis Birthday

Sarah | October 17th, 2013 at 9:33 am

Thanks Sarah. :)

papernstitch | October 17th, 2013 at 9:58 am

Im in love with this! Adorable!

Natalia | October 17th, 2013 at 10:05 am

Woaaaah I love these! Especially as the bottle stoppers and in the little succulent. So cute!
Chelsea C. recently posted..DIY Painted Succulent Planter Box

Chelsea C. | October 17th, 2013 at 10:21 am

Thanks Natalia. And thanks Chelsea. :) I think the little succulent decoration is my favorite option.

papernstitch | October 17th, 2013 at 11:58 am

These are fantastic and so easy to make! I could definitely see using these in several ways! Thanks for sharing!

Jamie recently posted..How do you quit adulthood?!

Jamie | October 17th, 2013 at 12:01 pm

Thanks Jamie. Yep! They’d work for a lot of different things…And actually, I don’t think I mentioned it in the post, but they would be cute for place card holders for Thanksgiving dinner or a Halloween party (if you cut a slit in the top) too.

papernstitch | October 17th, 2013 at 1:03 pm

[…] easy clay pumpkins can be used as wine stoppers, drink toppers, whatever you could think of. my favorite DIYs are […]

i link you | almost makes perfect | October 17th, 2013 at 2:05 pm

These are so stinkin’ cute!! The wine stoppers are genius!! Perfect fall hostess gift.
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..Boo! Halloween Treat Bags for The Sweetest Occasion

Kelly @ Studio DIY | October 17th, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Thanks Kelly. :) Hope you have a good weekend.

papernstitch | October 17th, 2013 at 4:03 pm

One thing about me is that I love anything mini!! These are adorable! They would make such cute Halloween decorations!!
Jessica (Coco/Mingo) recently posted..Inspired by this week: Visual whites

Jessica (Coco/Mingo) | October 17th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Thanks Jessica. I’m right there with you – I love everything that is mini.

papernstitch | October 18th, 2013 at 9:07 am

[…] Make these adorable little clay pumpkins. […]

It's Practically Christmas | A Thousand Threads | October 18th, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Lovely!! I just bought a brick of clay and must try using a mold as I’m not very good yet at smoothing out the clay.

Nicki Traikos | October 20th, 2013 at 3:18 pm

I saw these over on One Charming Party and I think they’re adorable! I’m so excited to try the technique with all of my candy/chocolate/silicone molds. My daughter is having a superhero art party this weekend and I’m having the girls make clay necklaces…so now I’m going to use your technique with my lightening bolt mold for the center of their bead necklaces. I think it will be fabulous and I know the girls will all beg to wear them to school on Monday. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa :)

Lisa Frank | October 21st, 2013 at 2:47 am

[…] 4. Mold Mini Pumpkins Made of Clay […]

Make This: Eleven Halloween DIYs to Try Before October 31st | Paper & Stitch | October 28th, 2013 at 8:02 am