Last week, I shared a quick and easy way to say thanks to someone special (ombre + color blocked donuts), and today I have one more idea to share.
So I partnered with Makr (an awesome design app for the iPad) again, to create these 'make your day' fabric wrapped bouquets. Just like last time, the concept is something easy (but unique) that you can make in a hurry to say thank you to a friend. Thank you cards are great, but flowers are better.
Here's how to make your own...
- Flowers (I used anemones, thistle, and wax flowers)
- Floral Tape
- Twine or String
- Custom Gift Tags from Makr
1. Start by creating a simple bouquet, with anywhere from five to ten stems. Instructions for making bouquets can be found here and here.
2. Next, wrap some floral tape around the stems, to keep them secure.
3. Then, cut a piece of fabric into a square. Turn the square so that it looks like more of a diamond shape, then sit your bouquet into diamond (one of the points of the fabric will stick up slightly beyond the bouquet.
4. Fold the bottom point in to form more of a line at the bottom and bring the two side points in and wrap around the bouquet.
5. Tie with twine or string to secure. Add a tag and you are done.
Pretty easy, right? I have a stack of these Makr tags in my craft closet for the next time I want to say thanks to a friend with a bunch of flowers. The tags say, ' Hope I Can Make Your Day With This Bouquet'.
I designed these little guys in a hurry. This app is so simple to use! I started with a design template that is in the Makr library already and then changed some of the colors and added my phrase in the typeface I wanted. That's it. Like I said, so simple. You can have finished designs shipped to your house or print them off on your own. You can download the Makr app for free right here, if you’d like.
Concept, styling, and photography by Brittni Mehlhoff
***Special Makr Offer for Paper & Stitch fans: Enjoy a free Makr credit AND 20% off a print order! Just register with the referral code PSTITCHFAN and enter same code at checkout.
Download the Makr app here (it's free) to customize your favorite designs and make 'em yours.
This post is sponsored by Makr. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.