Bite Me: Toasted Marshmallow Girl Scout Cookie Sandwiches

Toasted Marshmallow Girl Scout Cookie Sandwiches

Last week, Jeff walked into the house with a smile on his face and four or five boxes of Girl Scout cookies. That’s how we roll apparently. Anything for the children. :)  So I’ve been trying to come up with some creative ways to use them in recipes / dessert ideas, before we resort to freezing the extras.

My first thought was ice cream sandwiches, but Eden beat me to it with an awesome recipe. So, round two…toasted marshmallow sandwiches.

I’ve definitely made my fair share of marshmallow related desserts. Possibly even to the point of overkill? Nah! But I thought these would be fun, nonetheless. And easy. And delicious.

Toasted Marshmallow Girl Scout Cookie Sandwiches

Shortbread and Toasted Marshmallow Sandwiches

All you need to make your own are these two things: a box of Girl Scout cookies (I used thin mints and shortbread (also known as Trefoils) and a bag of marshmallows.

Toast the marshmallows over an open flame (perfect excuse to get a campfire going before the temperatures start to heat up again). Then sandwich the marshmallow between two cookies. Done!

If you’re feeling fancy, you could always add chocolate and caramel for a s’more sandwich. Especially good with the shortbread cookies!

Thin Mint and Toasted Marshmallow Sandwiches

Toasted Marshmallow Girl Scout Cookie Sandwiches

Thin Mint and Toasted Marshmallow Sandwiches

Toasted Marshmallow Girl Scout Cookie Sandwiches

Toasted Marshmallow Shortbread Sandwiches

Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

What do you think? Have any other ideas/ recipes for Girl Scout cookies? I’d love to hear ’em.

Incredible! I’m obsessed with anything chocolate 😉

x Sarah
Sarah recently posted..Spring Bridal Shower: Three-Part Series

Sarah | March 3rd, 2015 at 9:45 am

Thanks Sarah.

Brittni | March 3rd, 2015 at 9:55 am

Oh no you DIDN’T! What an amazing idea! As a former Girl Scout I thoroughly approve! Mmmmm I bet samoas would taste amazing as a s’more. That toasted coconut and caramel. Or tagalongs! With the peanut butter and chocolate? Amazing. There are girl scouts selling cookies on every street corner in Savannah, GA (where I live) because we have the birth place of Juliette Low in the city. Sigh… there goes my diet.

xo Rachel
Rachel from Rose Tinted Home recently posted..Difficult Duvet Decisions

Rachel from Rose Tinted Home | March 3rd, 2015 at 10:00 am

Haha. Oh yes, I did. :) Samoas and Tagalongs would be perfect for this too. Good thinking, Rachel.

Brittni | March 3rd, 2015 at 12:01 pm

Haha! Brittni, this made me laugh! I have to say these look even BETTER!! Genius idea! Send a few this way will ya?!

Eden | March 3rd, 2015 at 12:08 pm

Those irish cream ice cream thin mints look so good, Eden! I’ll send you some of these and you send me some of those. :)

Brittni | March 3rd, 2015 at 12:20 pm

oh man, just when I thought that Girl Scout cookies couldnt get any better!

Stephanie R | March 3rd, 2015 at 12:27 pm

Right? I’ve been eating the leftovers from this shoot nonstop.

Brittni | March 3rd, 2015 at 3:00 pm

I never would have thought to do this, I now consider you a culinary genius. I am in love with thin mints. I buy about five boxes a year, and hide them around the house so my husband can’t find them. I am quite stingy with them!

Alexandria | March 3rd, 2015 at 3:24 pm

Haha. That is definitely the first time anyone has ever called me that, Alexandria. But I’ll take it. :)

Brittni | March 3rd, 2015 at 3:35 pm

Omg, looks so yummy!!
Sandra recently posted..Mein erstes Jahr mit Emma + Purina Gourmet Gewinnspiel

Sandra | March 3rd, 2015 at 3:41 pm

I’ve been staring at the box of lemon girl scout cookies on my kitchen table for the last few days wondering what to do with them and this post has given me a few ideas.

Thank you!

Jade | March 3rd, 2015 at 4:44 pm

Oh. My. God. The shortbread ones. Hold on, let me wipe my mouth….

xo Ashley
pennypickedrevival.com
Ashley recently posted..February Thrift Haul: A Video

Ashley | March 3rd, 2015 at 4:46 pm

i have yet to catch the girl scout cookie craze and i think im okay skipping it but a) these look SO good i might just have to cave and b) freeze the extras!? whaaat!
is there anything you cant freeze!?
les recently posted..All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

les | March 3rd, 2015 at 4:50 pm

Yeahhhh I have a box of Girl Scout cookies that is now crying for some marshmallow action. Only you could make Girl Scout cookies even MORE delicious, B!!

Kelly @ Studio DIY | March 5th, 2015 at 2:45 am

[…] & Stitch teaches us how to turn the irresistible treats into the ultimate dessert with her Girl Scout Cookie Marshmallow Sandwich recipe.  Our minds are blown.  Our tummies are oh-so […]

Friday Faves - Always Me Blog | March 6th, 2015 at 12:12 pm

Oh wow, these look absolutely delicious! I’ve never tried Girl Scout cookies as I live in the UK so I’d love to try these.

Emily // UK Beauty and Lifestyle Blog

xx
Emily recently posted..Staying In On A Saturday

Emily | March 7th, 2015 at 3:37 pm

omg, looks freakin’s delicious! I’m craving for marshmallows now.

Marsya | March 15th, 2015 at 2:02 am

if you freeze the thin mints, then put the hot roasted marshmallow between them, let it sit for a moment before eating, you get a combo of cold, hot and melted chocolate.

CE | April 6th, 2015 at 11:29 pm