Because I have another concrete DIY to share today and this one is my favorite yet. Might have something to do with the fact that it involves flowers.
I made this super easy DIY concrete vase (remember the sneak peek on IG last week?) and had to share the tutorial because it’s so freakin’ easy. Also, spring! And flowers!
mailing tube // small juice glass // cooking spray // plastic bucket // bucket (that is okay to get messed up) // rapid setting cement mix // water // trowel or wooden spoon for mixing
1. Add the cement mix to a bucket, and stir in water. Youll need 4 parts cement to 1 part water. Mix well.
2. Spray the inside of a mailing tube with cooking spray.
3. Then, start pouring the concrete mixture into the mailing tube. Only fill about halfway.
4. Place the juice glass inside the mailing tube, pressing down so that the concrete starts to push upwards, surrounding the sides of the glass. If more concrete mixture is needed, spoon it into the mailing tube, in between the sides and the juice glass.
5. Wait for the concrete to dry. If you’re using a rapid setting concrete, it should be completely dry in 3-5 hours (depending on the temperature, etc).
6. Once dry, rip the container away to reveal your new vase.
Fill with water and add flowers. Done!
Here’s what the finished vase looks like…
Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
I’d love to hear what you think of this project, in the comments below. But also, I’m super curious to know what your absolute favorite flower is?