A Quick Trip to New Mexico + White Sands

White Sands, New Mexico

Last weekend, we drove from El Paso, Texas to Alamogordo, New Mexico and then onto White Sands National Monument to celebrate Ash and Jared’s (Sugar & Cloth) wedding. It was a super short trip, so I didn’t get to do a ton of exploring, BUT I still have a decent amount of photos to show for it, considering.

BTW – this is our official February trip for the 12 trips in 12 months project. Have you ever been to New Mexico?

I was hoping that Jeff and I would have time to visit Santa Fe or Albuquerque after the wedding festivities were over, but we didn’t want to leave Luna and Franz for too long and we’re trying to stretch Jeff’s days off from work as much as we can with all of these trips. So, we headed back early and hope to go back to NM later this year.

When we do go back, I definitely would love to go to White Sands again. It was seriously like another world out there. I think Ash described it as being on the moon. It was just miles and miles and miles of white sand, in the middle of nowhere. And it was the perfect backdrop for their wedding. Whenever they post the photos on Sugar & Cloth, you’ll DEFINITELY want to check it out.

Aside from White Sands, we didn’t do too much exploring, like I said. So I can’t really share a travel guide from this trip. BUT I do have photos (most of them were shot on my phone, but I have some)! Here are a handful of my favorites…

Brittni Mehlhoff of Paper & Stitch share her trip to New Mexico and White Sands.

A road trip to New Mexico with Paper & Stitch.

White Sands, New Mexico

A quick road trip through New Mexico, on Paper & Stitch.

A quick trip to White Sands, New Mexico.

Have you ever been to New Mexico? Next time I’m there, what should I check out?!

This entry is filed under , , , .

Looks SO beautiful. My favourite place to travel is the south-west, however I haven’t been to NM yet. Thanks for sharing!
Antonella | White House Crafts recently posted..HOW TO CONVERT A PNG FILE TO SVG IN SILHOUETTE

Antonella | White House Crafts | February 27th, 2017 at 10:07 am

Thanks Antonella. It was such a fun trip. Wish we would have had more time to explore…but definitely next time!

Brittni | February 27th, 2017 at 10:12 am

Beautiful photos! I haven’t had the chance to visit White Sands yet, but my husband’s family is from New Mexico so we have been there several times. My favorites are the tram ride in Albuquerque, which is spectacular, and lunch at La Posta (with exotic birds and tropical fish) in Old Mesilla, Las Cruces -with a bit of shopping in the square after that.
Heidi recently posted..Easy DIY Spring Cuffs and Victoria, B.C.

Heidi | February 27th, 2017 at 10:17 am

Thanks so much for the recs! Definitely visit White Sands next time, Heidi. It’s INCREDIBLE. I’ve really never seen anything like it. 🙂

Brittni | February 27th, 2017 at 11:00 am

White Sands is the best. I went there in Summer 2014 and had the greatest time. I need to go back.
Sophie recently posted..Step Into My Week: BBYO IC

Sophie | February 27th, 2017 at 11:35 am

Completely agree with you Sophie. It really is the best!

Brittni | February 27th, 2017 at 11:49 am

We lived in Albuquerque, NM for 10 years and will be moving back there in about 6 months. Honestly, if you want any trip advice, I would be more than happy to share fun spots… it’s a crazy state but there is a ton of cool stuff to check out!
Amy | Delineate Your Dwelling recently posted..Colorfully Painted DIY Office Trays

Amy | Delineate Your Dwelling | February 27th, 2017 at 12:37 pm

Great Amy. Whenever I go back, I know who to talk to about it. 🙂

Brittni | February 27th, 2017 at 1:00 pm

Looks like a wonderful place!
Michelle recently posted..Travel | Guest Post: How To Enjoy Your Australian East Coast Journey In A Campervan

Michelle | February 27th, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Wow! This looks like the perfect spring getaway, so so gorgeous

– Natalie

Natalie | February 27th, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Thanks Michelle and Natalie. It was a fun trip, for sure!

Brittni | February 27th, 2017 at 7:00 pm

Wow, 12 trips in 12 months is extreme, but how exciting and fun! I hope I’m in the position where I can do something similar one day. I’m confident that I’ll get there. I look forward to reading about your next 10 trips! 🙂

Indya | TheSmallAdventurer recently posted..Read In February

Indya | TheSmallAdventurer | February 28th, 2017 at 5:28 am

Thanks Indya. Its definitely a lot of travel, but we’re looking forward to it.

Brittni | March 1st, 2017 at 10:38 am

I have not been to New Mexico just yet! But it’s high on my list, particularly White Sands. I’ve been traveling a lot too! Just mostly staying on travel instead of coming home 🙂

-Jade
Jade recently posted..The World is our Souk: Mutrah Souk, Muscat Oman

Jade | March 7th, 2017 at 10:37 pm

It looks so mesmerizing! I’d love to see the southwest some day.

Gabi Valladares | By Gabriella | March 15th, 2017 at 6:56 am

I live in Taos, NM. It is beautiful and everyone should visit!

Sarah | March 23rd, 2017 at 6:58 pm

We road tripped through this are over Spring break this year. Your pictures capture it perfectly!
Marc recently posted..Don Hethcoat – New Mexico