So this might just be the strangest food holiday to date, but ‘creative ice cream flavor day’ is tomorrow. And I couldn’t let it pass me by without sharing some of my favorite ice cream concoctions that have been dreamed up from around the web.
Some of these flavors may be a little strange, but they ALL sound completely delicious. And definitely sit into the ‘creative’ category.
There’s plenty of time to make a batch or two before July 4th, if you’re feeling motivated too. Ready to play? Here we go…
1. (above) syrup and waffles ice cream recipe
2. earl grey ice cream (with honey toast) from Sugar and Charm
3. funfetti golden oreo ice cream from Blahnik Baker
4. blueberry buttermilk ice cream from A Calculated Whisk
5. graham cracker ice cream from Dessert for Two
6. no-churn blackberry chip ice cream from How Sweet Eats
7. apple crisp ice cream recipe from Fabtastic Eats
8. strawberry angel food ice cream from A Beautiful Mess
9. homemade macaron ice cream from Sugar & Cloth
10. peanut butter cayenne ice cream via A Beautiful Mess
11. coconut milk ice cream with pistachio crumbs from Top with Cinnamon
12. peanut butter and jelly chocolate truffle sundae from The Sweetest Occasion
13. sweet corn peach ice cream from Heart Beet Kitchen
15. no-churn pistachio mint olive oil fudge brownie ice cream from Top with Cinnamon
What’s your favorite unique / unusual ice cream flavor? One of my fave (store bought) varieties is Jeni’s sun popped corn. And my favorite homemade option is the syrup and waffles combo (#1 on the list). You have to try it!