Make This: Paper Flower Sacks + Lexy’s (Surprise) Virtual Baby Shower

last minute DIY gift // paper flower sack

My friend Lexy from The Proper Pinwheel is having her first baby in just a few months. And since she lives so far away, and we aren’t able to do this in person, Kelly of Studio DIY and I decided to throw her a (surprise) virtual baby shower today, along with a whole bunch of blog friends. Kelly, myself, and a handful of other bloggers are all sharing baby/ baby shower related DIYs today to celebrate.

Lexy, if you’re reading this…SURPRISE!! We are all so happy for you and cannot wait to see BG-dub’s little face when she is born! And FYI… I can’t really take credit for this- it was all Kelly’s idea.

Over the last year, I’ve gotten to know Lexy as one of the coolest, funniest, dance machines I’ve ever met (did you see this girl break it down at the Alt party in January? It was intense.). But I’m really looking forward to seeing her as a mom. That baby is going to have some serious dance moves!

So…..To celebrate Lexy’s little bundle of joy, I have a SUPER easy DIY that will work for pretty much any occasion. Baby shower or not. And (bonus!) it can be made at the very last minute and still presents itself as a thoughtful gift: make a paper flower sack, complete with a handwritten notes.

supplies

Materials Needed: small kraft paper bags, a small cup or vase that will fit inside the bag, fresh flowers, and Aquacolor wax crayons (I like these in particular because they are highly pigmented and write really smoothly on paper – you can get them here)

write a message on a brown paper bag

paper sack vase

To make these, all you have to do is pick up some fresh flowers. I happen to have some beautiful blooms leftover from my last shoot for Flower Muse (which I’ll be sharing next week), but you could of course pick up some flowers from your local flower shop if you’re really short on time. Then write a little message on the paper bag. Add water to a small cup or vase. Cut flowers down to size and arrange in container. Then stick the container inside the paper sack and you are good to go.

DIY // last minute gift - paper flower sack

These make great last-minute gifts for almost any occasion – birthdays, housewarming parties, baby and wedding showers, and as a ‘just because’ gift. AND if you’re hosting a party, you can also use these paper flower sacks as favors for guests to take with them at the end of the event.

To check out all of the bloggers involved in today’s virtual baby shower, click the links below:

Kelly of Studio DIY // Chelsea of Lovely Indeed // Melanie of You are my Fave // Ashley of Sugar & Cloth // Melissa of The Faux Martha // Erin of Art Social // Lauren of A Fabulous Fete // Jenny of Hank & Hunt

Happy Wednesday!

[…] celebrating today, take a look at  all the awesome these ladies created: Kelly of Studio DIY / Brittni of Paper & Stitch / Chelsea of Lovely Indeed /Ashley of Sugar & Cloth / Melissa of The Faux Martha / Erin […]

a surprise baby shower is my fave | You Are My Fave | August 14th, 2013 at 8:01 am

Working my way around all your posts and so inspired by your creativity. Such a lovely idea. Lexy is a lucky gal!

Rach | August 14th, 2013 at 8:41 am

so pretty! I just followed check out all the DIY, lovely ideas!

sue | August 14th, 2013 at 9:12 am

Sooo cute! Brilliant idea! 🙂 x
Toni-Louise recently posted..Sunny Sweet Pea

Toni-Louise | August 14th, 2013 at 9:48 am

[…] of Studio DIY (donut piñata) // Brittni of Paper & Stitch (paper flower sacks) // Chelsea of Lovely Indeed (mini cards) // Melanie of You are my Fave (the […]

Baked Donut Holes | The Fauxmartha | August 14th, 2013 at 10:13 am

What the crap, Britt?!?!?! I think you were inspired because I’ve been looking for a little floral DIY for some centerpieces/favors! This is amazingly perfect! I feel SOOOOOO spoiled. You guys are wonderful wonderful friends and I love you more than I love Diet Coke!!! That’s saying something.

Thank you for being so amazing and great and sweet and talented. 🙂
Lexy | The Proper Pinwheel recently posted..Spotlight: In Love With You Look Lovely Photography

Lexy | The Proper Pinwheel | August 14th, 2013 at 10:16 am

I must have been channeling you for this one, Lexy. 🙂 Can’t wait to (virtually) meet Baby Ward when she arrives. P.S. I know how much you love Diet Coke. So that really is saying something! You’re the best, girl!

papernstitch | August 14th, 2013 at 10:20 am

Woohoo! So glad you’re teaching Lexy’s little lady about the importance of flowers in life. These are gorgeous Britt, and I love the idea of using them as favors!

Kelly @ Studio DIY | August 14th, 2013 at 10:21 am

This is SO cute. What a cute way to personalize a pretty bunch of blooms!

-Becca
Becca recently posted..DIY Wire Word Necklace

Becca | August 14th, 2013 at 10:24 am

Haha! You know it, Kelly! Got to teach ’em young.

papernstitch | August 14th, 2013 at 10:58 am

Such a sweet idea – love the relationships bloggers and readers are all able to form together!
Tenae recently posted..Most Memorable Bookstores in Film

Tenae | August 14th, 2013 at 1:03 pm

So thoughtful!
-Maggie
maggiefinejewelry.com

Maggie | August 14th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

That is such a cute idea! I love it 🙂 Great job!

Nicole | August 14th, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Adorable! Such a fun and thoughtful idea to host a virtual shower.

Melissa | August 14th, 2013 at 6:29 pm

[…] Make This: Paper Flower Sacks + Lexy’s (Surprise) Virtual Baby Shower – 1 freebie(s)? […]

CraftCrave | Blog | Textual List: Thursday, 15 Aug 2013 | August 14th, 2013 at 11:23 pm

I love this!! Such a great gift idea!

Sara Elizabeth | August 14th, 2013 at 11:58 pm

[…] then Brittni from Papernstitch goes and makes this adorable paper flower sack. These are the perfect centerpiece/favor/gift. My […]

When Bloggers Surprise You With A Virtual Baby Shower : The Proper Pinwheel | August 15th, 2013 at 7:43 am

[…] + Speaking of flowers, you really gotta check out this super-easy and super-sweet flower gift giving DIY via Paper & Stitch […]

COCO & MINGO:week-end: What's up and link it up - COCO & MINGO | August 16th, 2013 at 12:52 pm

[…] week, I wanted to give a shout out to my friend Lexy from The Proper Pinwheel (remember Kelly and I threw a baby shower for her a while back)…she had a beautiful baby girl on Wednesday and […]

6 DIYs to Try this Weekend | Paper & Stitch | October 4th, 2013 at 8:00 am

[…] of Studio DIY // Brittni of Paper & Stitch // Chelsea of Lovely Indeed // Melanie of You are my Fave // Ashley of Sugar & […]

A Surprise Baby Shower for Lexy • Lovely Indeed | January 4th, 2014 at 10:31 pm