A cute cork board for back to school.
Back to school is right around the corner. So, I have a DIY for you that is back to school themed: a cute little cloud cork board to keep organized this school year.
Bonus! If you don’t have kids, you can totally still make one of these…It’s perfect for a home office or in the entryway as a landing pad area for pinning up love notes, bills, etc.
As you can probably guess, it’s pretty easy to make, but the step by instructions are right here if you need ’em. I would love to make a giant one of these for my studio, to post lists of to-dos and inspiration.
Supplies for Cloud Cork Board
How to Make a Cloud Cork Board
1. Cut the cork.
2. Attach painters tape on a diagonal.
3. Paint the exposed cork.
4. Remove the tape.
5. Hang on the wall.
Back to School DIY: How to Make a Cloud Cork Board
- ScotchBlue Painter's Tape
- Roll of Cork Contact Paper
- Acrylic Paint
- Paint Brush
Cut the cork.
- Roll out your cork and freehand a cloud shape with a marker. Then, cut out the cloud with a pair of scissors.
Attach painters tape on a diagonal.
- Next, add strips of ScotchBlue Painter's Tape at a diagonal, 1-2 inches apart, across your cloud shape and press down firmly.
Paint the exposed cork.
- Using a brush, paint the exposed cork with a layer of acrylic and wait for it to dry. If the paint appears uneven in coverage, use a paper towel or rag to move the paint around in a dabbing motion.
- Note: For deeper color, you may need more than one coat of paint.
Remove the tape.
- Once the paint is completely dry, slowly remove the tape.
Hang on the wall.
- Now it's ready to hang on the wall, which is as easy as removing the paper from the back of the contact paper and sticking to the wall. Or you can use foam mounting strips.
- Use this cloud cork board for hanging photos, notes, and even homework to help keep kiddos organized throughout the school year.
So, what do you think? Would you make one of these for yourself or is it better reserved for the kiddos?
For more DIY projects like this one, click here.