With all of the holiday projects and party ideas I’ve been talking about lately, it seemed only fair to make sure New Year’s Eve didn’t get lost in the mix. So, today I’m sharing a festive NYE party filled with DIY ideas that you can whip up with a quickness.
I’ve teamed up with my friends at ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers once again to share some colorful DIY ideas for your next get-together. And this time we’re going full New Year’s Eve on you because why not, right?
I’ve always loved using non-traditional colors for parties and events and this NYE party is no exception. I mixed in some old standards too, to keep things glitzy in some way or another. And…you know…threw in some holographic balloons for good measure. 🙂 Click through for all 7 DIY ideas for New Year’s Eve this year…
I decided to stick with a color combo for this one, to keep things easy. So, I pulled in some traditional silver metallics and mixed in a couple of my fave colors available from Astrobrights. The colors I chose are…Rocket Red and Pulsar Pink.
Once I had the color scheme down, it was just a matter of getting to work on the DIYs. And there are a lot of ’em. So, let’s just get right to it. Here are 7 DIY NYE ideas to try at your next party…
1. Color Blocked Gift Wrap // Using the scraps leftover from the hole punching for the photo booth backdrop, which I’ll tell you about in a minute, this unique pattern gift wrap was created. Just wrap your gift in a solid color paper first. Then wrap with a strip of hole punched scraps and tape or glue down.
2. Seeing Stripes Party Hats // For these hats, I cut out strips of Astrobrights paper and glued them to a larger sheet, with a glue stick. Once dry, I traced a party hat template (this one), cut it out, glued it together, and trimmed it down a little to be smaller than normal. Oh, and I topped each one with a little bit of tinsel too.
3. DIY Pattern Bowls // I drew directly onto these cool paper bowls I found, with a soft pastel. Then I sprayed each one with spray fixative to make sure the designs wouldn’t smudge. The bowls are great for storing small presents, like in the photos, and small wrapped candies, etc.
4. Colorful Confetti Tubes // Stuff small shipping tubes with leftover tinsel and confetti. Then roll up like a present with colorful paper and tie tinsel on each end to make it look like a little package. Before the clock strikes midnight, rip off one end of the paper to unleash all the confetti.
5. Seeing Spots Photo Booth Backdrop // Again, using Astrobrights paper in Rocket Red and Pulsar Pink, I made an easy photo booth backdrop for NYE (or any time of year, really) with a 3.5 inch hole punch (this one) and some washi tape, to stick them to the wall. And with the balloons right next to the wall, it gives you a fun mirrored reflection of all the polka dots too.
6. NYE Countdown Cocktails // These are SO easy. Just find some number stickers and stick them onto some glassware. Done! My stickers are from Amazon and you can use any glassware.
Once you have your countdown glassware ready to go, you’ll need a cocktail right? My fave for NYE is sorbet and champagne. Just add 1-2 scoops of sorbet (any flavor – though I really like raspberry or blood orange this time of year) and pour champagne over top. That’s it.
7. DIY New Year’s Eve Tinsel Tassels // Using leftover tinsel from the holidays, you can create these fun tinsel tassels to play up the party metallics a little bit. Just fold over a handful of tinsel strands (mine are from Amazon) and take one piece of tinsel and tie it around the strand toward the top. Then string a second piece of tinsel through the loop you created while folding and you can hang them anywhere for a festive / fun look.
Photography by Amelia Tatnall Lawrence
Styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
How will you be celebrating NYE this year? Any fun plans? Any parties?
This post is in partnership with Astrobrights. I am a Bright Life ambassador and have used (and loved) Astrobrights Papers for years. Thanks for supporting the brands that help keep Paper & Stitch running.