This semi-homemade nutella lovers cinnamon roll recipe is perfect for the cooler weather – especially when they’re hot out of the oven. And given there’s been a chill in the air all weekend, I’m feeling like this recipe is more than appropriate to kick of the upcoming season.
These nutella cinnamon rolls are decadent and sweet and oozing with Nutella. So naturally, they’re very, VERY delicious. And as it turns out, super easy to make too. Click through for the recipe.
BTW – If you’re not a Nutella fan, you can still totally give this recipe a try. Just switch out the Nutella for a simple chocolate spread or even peanut butter or almond butter would be good.
Ingredients for the Nutella Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 roll of crescent rolls (Trader Joe’s makes a good one – that’s what we used)
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar OR pumpkin pie spice to bring in those fall vibes (that’s what we used – you can pick up pumpkin pie spice at Trader Joe’s)
- 4 heaping tablespoons of Nutella spread
Ingredients for Icing Drizzle
- 3/4 cup of confectioner sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk or half and half
- splash of vanilla extract
- OR you can use skip the above and use a cream cheese frosting instead of a thinner glaze
Roll out the crescent dough and pinch the perforations together, so you’re left with a full sheet of dough without any holes. You can use bring all the dough together as a ball and use a rolling pin to roll it back out instead of pinching if you prefer.
Next, add the Nutella spread to the dough and the pumpkin pie spice OR cinnamon sugar (spread as evenly as possible). Then roll up the dough, as shown, and cut into 3/4 – 1 inch slices. Arrange in baking pan and bake according to instructions on the crescent roll packaging. You may need to add a couple of extra minutes of bake time, depending on the thickness of the Nutella layer and your oven, etc.
When the rolls are cooling, mix up your icing drizzle. Pour over the rolls and eat up.
Recipe Cori Maass
Styling and photography Brittni Mehlhoff
Think you’ll give this recipe a try? Are you a big Nutella fan or more of a plain chocolate girl?! Let me know!