Announcing 12 Rooms in 12 Months: A Year Long Makeover Series!

Announcing 12 Room in 12 Months! A new year-long series from DIY lifestyle site, Paper and Stitch. #interiors #roommakeover #interiorinspo #blue #office #workspace

Before I say anything else…yes, I realize that we are well into the year already and I’m just now kicking off a new year long series. BUT I needed some extra time on this one because it’s not exactly a small undertaking.

So here’s the deal. Remember last year’s 12 trips in 12 months series? I pledged to take a trip at least once a month for the entire year and documented (most of) the process. And while it seemed like a slightly far-fetched goal at the time, I DID IT! In fact, I far exceeded my goal – traveling to more than 20 cities last year. And I racked up a whole lot of flight points to prove it. I really enjoyed the structure of doing something for an entire year – it helped motivate me during the months that I wasn’t feeling it and reminded me that I asked for this, so I better get off my butt and do it.

So when I started thinking about what I might want to do this year, I knew I wanted to try something different.

I love traveling and still plan to travel throughout the year, but getting on a plane every single month gets a little taxing after a while. SO, I have a brand new series for 2018 that I’m launching today: 12 Rooms in 12 Months!

Yay! I’m so excited. And I hope you will be too. For the rest of 2018, I will be sharing (at least) one new room makeover every single month. Some months the makeover will be BIG and other months it will be smaller (like an entryway makeover, etc). But EVERY month will be something new, complete with before and after photos and the nitty gritty details of how it all came together.

I have a couple things up my sleeve already to help make all this happen, since it’s no small fete to decorate that many spaces in one year’s time. But I’m super excited to get things started and dive into something I really, really enjoy: decorating and makeover stories. To make up for lost time, I have a handful of makeovers coming up that will fill in the gaps for the months that have already past (January and February), and then I’ll be all caught up. So be sure to stay tuned. I’ll be revealing those soon!

So now that I’ve spilled the beans, I need your help! Let me know in the comments below what types of room makeovers you want to see featured here this year. Guest bedroom, bathroom, dining room, front porch, entryway, etc?! There are so many months to fill and so many possibilities for this project, but I want to make sure that I’m creating content that you find the most helpful and interesting. So let me know!

P.S. If you live in the Atlanta area and are in desperate need of a makeover for a room or outdoor space in your own home, feel free to share that below too. I might just be on the lookout for reader spaces to redo!

Top photo: Amelia Lawrence for Paper & Stitch (from my Mollie Makes home feature)

SaveSaveSaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

SaveSave

Sounds awesome! I can’t wait for it.
Courtney recently posted..Some Of My Spring Wardrobe Staples

Courtney | March 6th, 2018 at 10:25 am

Thanks Courtney.

Brittni | March 6th, 2018 at 10:50 am

I would like to see a craft room/office which can also double as a guest room. Maybe something with a Murphy bed?
Judy recently posted..Mandala Monday

Judy | March 6th, 2018 at 10:58 am

Thanks for the suggestions Judy. I’ll write these down. 🙂

Brittni | March 6th, 2018 at 11:11 am

Makeover:

FamilyRoom
Kitchen
front porch
back yard patio

Bill | March 6th, 2018 at 11:25 am

Cool. Thanks for the list Bill. Making note of these.

Brittni | March 6th, 2018 at 11:40 am

I would love to see an entryway makeover. Plus, I am in desperate need of assistance with my living room and guest bathroom. 🙂

Kimberly | March 6th, 2018 at 11:46 am

Writing all of those down, Kimberly – entryway, living room, and guest bathroom. 🙂

Brittni | March 6th, 2018 at 11:50 am

Wow! This sounds like an awesome project, I can’t wait to see these posts each month. Would love to see bathroom redos and office updates!

Chelsea
Chelsea recently posted..17 Pieces for Your Active Weekend Getaway

Chelsea | March 6th, 2018 at 11:51 am

Thanks Chelsea! And noted on bathroom and office updates!

Brittni | March 6th, 2018 at 11:53 am

This is so exciting, I am really looking forward to your style ideas and inspiration!
Michelle recently posted..Tips | How To: Slow Down in a Fast World

Michelle | March 6th, 2018 at 11:54 am

Thanks so much Michelle. I’m really excited to get started.

Brittni | March 6th, 2018 at 12:07 pm

Wow! What an ambitious idea! I’m looking forward to seeing what you come up with for your projects. I’m in the middle of a makeover series on my blog right now, but I’ve accumulated the projects over several years. https://singlegirlsdiy.com/home-tour/

A very popular topic seems to be *affordable* kitchen updates. Also, how to choose colors.

Good luck! Can’t wait to see you in action.
Jenny@SingleGirl’sDIY recently posted..Pretty & Practical Laundry Room Transformation

Jenny@SingleGirl'sDIY | March 6th, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Love this idea! I live in Nashville but I have an outdoor space that is in desperate need of a makeover 🙂

Brooke | March 6th, 2018 at 1:20 pm

I’m with Judy…..ideas for a craft/sewing/guest room is a top priority for me this year. And I have a Murphy bed from an old house ready to be put into service so ideas that include a Murphy bed would be fabulous. Storage ideas for books, fabrics, extra sewing machines and sewing paraphernalia as well as crocheting stuff (think too much yarn, lol) plus painting and jewelry making supplies! Ironing board, cutting and sewing table are never put away as they’re used constantly.

kddomingue | March 6th, 2018 at 1:53 pm

I’d love to see exterior and garden spaces, as this is what we are working on this year

Felicia | March 6th, 2018 at 11:54 pm

I don’t live in your area, but I would personally love to see you do a small NYC apartment (like mine!) – the two rooms would be a bedroom that is also a home office or a living room that is also the dining room!

Wally | March 7th, 2018 at 6:48 am

Wow! I’m so excited for seethe transformations,Can’t wait
The pink pineapple recently posted..Paris Fashion Week day 2

The pink pineapple | March 7th, 2018 at 7:33 am

Buuuuut if you want to team up on one of your rooms AND get a trip in, you can come help me with one of the many spaces left in our house! 😉
Cyd recently posted..The Best Tips for Traveling with Toddlers

Cyd | March 7th, 2018 at 10:31 am

Laundry room. Everyone comes into my house through my laundry room and I want to make it more presentable.

Marsha | March 7th, 2018 at 10:45 am

Wow! What a huge but exciting undertaking. I can’t wait to see what you come up with. I’m in the middle of a craft room makeover right now – it has no door so I have to keep it somewhat presentable while holding all my creative chaos. My BIG decorating struggles right now are finding affordable larger scale art for the walls and area rugs for an off-white tile floor.
Looking forward to your projects and thanks for a great blog.
JoElle recently posted..Monday Muse: Sew Happy

JoElle | March 7th, 2018 at 12:13 pm

I’m looking to redo my bonus room. My kids are older 18 and 14, so more adult friendly than kid friendly.

Valerie | March 8th, 2018 at 12:31 pm

This is such a great idea! It will be fun to follow along and see what you do. I get asked for makeover help on home offices, entry foyers and kid’s rooms all the time. Hopefully you will tackle some of these 🙂
Daleet Spector recently posted..Holiday Potluck Brunch

Daleet Spector | March 8th, 2018 at 1:07 pm

what a cool idea…looking forward to seeing the results of the makovers.
Mary recently posted..Difference Between Bath Sheets and Bath Towels

Mary | March 9th, 2018 at 3:05 pm

[…] I gave that part of the space a little makeover with some help from Lowe’s as part of the 12 rooms in 12 months series and am finally sharing it […]

My Top 3 Tips for the Perfect Paint Job Every Time + Studio Loft Update for 12 Rooms in 12 Months - Paper and Stitch | April 6th, 2018 at 8:07 am