You know that little voice in your head that you start to hear when you’ve been working a lot? It kind of sounds like… “Hey, you should go lay down on the beach for a while and then drink (heavily) out of a coconut.”
Because I think I’m hearing that voice right now. And it’s getting more and more difficult to resist.
I’ll be headed to Houston in a few weeks to teach a DIY workshop with my friend, Ashley of Sugar & Cloth. Have you signed up yet? It’s going to be a fun one! Which will be a nice break. But I suspect that I’m going to need a completely work-free, sand in my toes, drink in my hand, vacation soon. What about you?
So today, I’m day dreaming of places that Jeff and I can travel to for a relaxing trip. Eight of them actually…
1. (above) Amazing aerial beach view from Bernhard Lang.
2. Exploring Lindquist Beach.
3. The Maldives! Jaw, meet floor. Via Beers and Beans.
5. Hawaii through the eyes of Coco and Mingo.
6. View from Trunk Bay in St John.
7. Venice Beach. Via Smitten Studio.
8. Anegada in the British Virgin Islands. Via Local Milk.
Have any recommendations for me? Clearly, I’m on a tropical / beach kick. But I’m totally open to non-beachy places too. I just want to go somewhere fun, relaxing, and affordable. Any ideas?