Recently, I’ve been on a cutting board / breadboard kick. Which is a pretty weird and specific kick to be on, I realize. But it’s true.
So, I’ve started collecting a handful of ’em over the last year or so, just for fun.
So, to rectify that, I am sharing the quick and easy tutorial today for a little color blocked cutting board that you can use during the upcoming holidays, for entertaining, or any other time of year. Makes a great gift for a cook or foodie too!
inexpensive breadboard (mine if from World Market – on sale for $16) // spray paint (I like Montana GOLD) and spray sealant // painters tape
1. Map out the area of the board you want to add paint to (I recommend the handle area, so it doesn’t come in contact with food). Then tape off the area where you don’t want paint to adhere to the surface, all the way around the board, with painter’s tape.
2. Spray 1-2 coats of spray paint over the board, letting the paint dry in between coats, according to instructions on the can. Once dry, flip over and repeat the process on the back of the board.
3. Add a spray sealant or matte medium to seal the paint.
4. Remove painter’s tape and it’s ready to use.
So simple! I love the rich teal color with the dark wood, but lighter colors would look great too…maybe a light grey, mint, or white.
Entertaining Idea: You could layer the board up with meats and cheeses, and use it as more as a platter as well, since it’s a pretty decent size. Be sure to add these leather DIY cheese markers too, if you do.
Pear + Goat Cheese Crostinis
1. Cutup a baguette into slices about 1/2 inch thick. Then toast in the oven for about 5 minutes, at 350 degrees.
2. Remove from the oven and spread each slice with goat cheese.
3. Then, cut a pear into slices. Add a slice or two to each piece of toast.
4. Drizzle with honey and add a sprig of rosemary.
These are delicious. And SO easy….which makes them a go-to for the holiday entertaining season.
Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
What do you think? Would this bread board make a good gift for someone that you know?