When I shared yesterday’s casual dinner party and DIY project, I mentioned that I had a bonus DIY to share…Soooo, here it is.
I made these super easy party favors for guests to take home with them. And you can make ’em too. So quick and easy!
All you need is a candle (I like Air Wick‘s Enchanted Holiday collection – just like the candles I used in yesterday’s project. You have to give these puppies a sniff. They smell so good.), some decorative paper and a few other craft supplies.
These have to be one of these easiest party favors I’ve ever made, but they’re also one of the best. If I do say so myself. Haha.
Here’s how to make your own…
Air Wick candles // scissors // decorative paper //washi tape // ribbon
1. Start by peeling off the easy to remove Air Wick labels for each candle. Customize the glass container anyway you’d like (paint pens, collage, etc) or leave it simple, without embellishments.
2. Then cut out a piece of decorative paper into a square, that is several times larger than the candle itself.
3. Next, fold the ends of the paper upward, wrapping the candle completely from the bottom up, but leaving the top open.
4. Wrap a long piece of washi tape around the entire candle to hold the paper in place.
5. Add a ribbon and any other embellishments and you’re done.
Leave the lids off (but nearby) so guests can see the pretty holiday colors and choose which scent they like best. I used Mrs. Claus Apple Pie (red) and Evergreen Adventure (green) from Air Wick’s Enchanted Holiday collection and they smell awesome. Apple pie is my fave.
Psst…Don’t forget to remove the wrapping paper from around the candle before lighting. Safety first.
Photography by Kimberly Murray // Assisted by Linda Jednaszewski // Concept and Styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
Even if you’re not throwing a holiday party anytime soon, you could still make a few of these as small gifts for neighbors, the mail man (or woman), etc. Just something small to say thanks for being awesome.
For more DIY holiday inspiration and beyond, be sure to check out my Deck the Halls holiday board on Pinterest.
Think you’ll give these a try?
This post is in partnership with Air Wick. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Paper & Stitch running.