Have you ever had frozen hot chocolate? If you have, you know it’s pretty dang delicious. And if you haven’t, you should really give it a go!
It’s typically something I don’t think about until late fall / early winter, but right now, it feels like the perfect way to blend the seasons, while simultaneously taking into account that’s it’s still actually semi-hot here in Florida.
So…with that in mind, I turned the traditional frozen hot chocolate idea into a super easy popsicle recipe. Want to give it a try?
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own…
Ingredients and Supplies:
- Your favorite hot chocolate mix (go with a super rich hot chocolate)
- Chocolate Syrup
- Small Marshmallows
- Popsicle Mold (I use this one from Amazon)
- Popsicle Sticks
1. Prepare your hot chocolate, just as you would normally, in a mug in the microwave or over a stove. Whatever you prefer. *Be sure to use milk as opposed to water, for a richer taste.
2. While you are preparing your hot chocolate, sprinkle in a few marshmallows to each popsicle mold. Then pour hot chocolate into each popsicle mold, overtop the marshmallows. Only fill each popsicle well 1/3 to 1/4 full. Put in the freezer for roughly one hour. Or until frozen.
3. Remove from freezer and add popsicle sticks. Then pour a thin layer of chocolate syrup over each popsicle well.
4. Reheat your remaining hot chocolate and pour another 1/4 to 1/3 into each popsicle well. Add several marshmallows again and freeze again for one hour or until frozen.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the popsicles are complete. Freeze until completely hardened and enjoy!
As always, be sure to run the popsicle molds under warm water for 15-20 seconds to easily pop them out when you’re ready to eat.
Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
Are you a fan of frozen hot chocolate? Or do you like to stick with the traditional hot chocolate (unfrozen)?
For more popsicle recipes like this one, click here.