Sometimes, you want to bake a cake, but don’t have time or energy to make one completely from scratch. It happens. In fact, I probably find myself in that situation more often than not.
And for those times, there’s this semi-homemade strawberries and cream cake recipe. It involves a standard from-the-box cake mix and a handful of other ingredients that will make that grocery store mix taste like an amazing homemade treat. You game?
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own strawberries and cream cake…
– 1 box store-bought strawberry cake mix
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 1/2 cups freeze dried strawberries
– 3 eggs
– 3 tbsp granulated sugar
– 1/2 cup canola oil
– 1 1/2 cups vanilla-flavored creamer
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– baking spray
Youll also need:
bundt pan (you can buy the one we used right here on Amazon)// mixing bowls // whisk // rubber spatula // cooling rack
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray the inside of the bundt pan with baking spray (like Pam for Baking).
2. Whisk together the cake mix, flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add the freeze dried strawberries and set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and oil together. Then add the creamer and vanilla and whisk to combine. Now add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Gently fold everything together with a rubber spatula.
4. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes (when an inserted skewer is removed cleanly). Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for about 20 minutes. Be careful with the pan, since it will still be hot. Invert the pan to remove the cake and let it cool on the rack.
Top with a dusting of powdered sugar and serve with fruit and whipped cream.
Recipe by Linda Jednaszewski
Photography and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
Like the grid runner in these photos? Make your own in under an hour with this DIY tutorial.
Think you’ll give this cake a try? I would love to hear what you think of this me-homemade approach to baking.
7 comments | Click here to reply
[…] it simple with this easy strawberries and cream cake by […]5 Easy Strawberry Cake Recipes for Fall - Cupcakes and Cutlery
Aw, thanks Anna.Brittni
Gah this looks incredible. I can’t wait to try!Anna @ IHOD
Thanks Paige. Not a bad idea for lunch. 🙂Brittni
This looks incredible! I want to be eating this for lunch right now!
Thanks Sarah. 🙂Brittni
This looks absolutely amazing – not bad to look at either!