08/29/12
21 comments DIY: Neon Color Block Gift Tags by   |   21 comments

There are a few birthdays coming up in my family, so I have gifting on the brain. BUT I have a very limited supply of gift wrapping supplies right now since most of our stuff is still in storage. So I rummaged around in my backpack and found a few things to play around with and I came up with these hand painted color block gift tags.

Materials:

Step by Step Instructions:

1. Painted color block technique – This one is pretty straight forward. Just grab you paint pen and get to work, drawing stripes or other designs. Make sure you think about your color scheme before you get started. I tried a few colors before I landed on hot pink paint for the tags.

2. Polka dot technique – Grab your adhesive circle labels and stick them where ever you want on your tag. Then paint over the entire gift tag with your paint pen and let it dry. Carefully remove the stickers and touch up if necessary.

Here are the finished tags…

I used a stamp on a few of the tags as well. I don’t use my stamps enough. I really need to start using them more.

So what do you think?

Will you try these color block gift tags the next time you are wrapping a pressie?

21 comments to DIY: Neon Color Block Gift Tags Click here to reply

These turned out so nicely! What a great idea and so good to have that extra handmade touch. I love the polka dots!
Loulou Downtown recently posted..Embroidery on Felt

Loulou Downtown commented on August 29th, 2012 at 11:41 am

Thanks LouLou!

papernstitch commented on August 29th, 2012 at 12:02 pm

know anyone with a birthday coming up? this #diy might help http://t.co/bglKut7D

yarit rodriguez (@yarit27miss) commented on August 29th, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I love your cute and clever tags. Great way to transform something basic into something awesome with only a few supplies. So nice to meet you in the ALT class with Victoria yesterday.
Chris Olson recently posted..Here Comes the Sun

Chris Olson commented on August 29th, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Hi Chris. It was great to ‘meet’ you too. Your blog is lovely!

papernstitch commented on August 29th, 2012 at 11:46 pm

Love the idea of gift tags so much more than cards. I think they looks super cute with a pretty bow and the right paper.
Kristen recently posted..Moldings

Kristen commented on August 30th, 2012 at 1:56 am

I’ll be making some of these in ivory & neon yellow, I believe: DIY: Neon Color Block Gift Tags http://t.co/A5jiWHVQ via @sharethis

foundling (@foundling) commented on August 30th, 2012 at 9:10 am

DIY: Neon Color Block Gift Tags http://t.co/slCGDJaw via @sharethis

Caroline Urdaneta (@salsapieblog) commented on August 30th, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Dude…seriously…I LOVE these! And I know I can do it!
Melanie recently posted..From the Stacks: Graphic Designer Aprile Elcich from HOW Magazine

Melanie commented on August 30th, 2012 at 1:45 pm

I was totally thinking of you when I made these Melanie. You can definitely do this!

papernstitch commented on August 30th, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Cute ideas for customizing neon gift tags over on @papernstitch: http://t.co/VBE87Qnt

(@Omiyage_ca) (@Omiyage_ca) commented on August 30th, 2012 at 5:44 pm

such a creative and affordable idea! so cute!

amber baxley commented on August 30th, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Thanks Amber (and everyone else who has left comments and tweeted). If you recreate this project on your own, I’d love to see the results. Send me a link. :)

papernstitch commented on August 31st, 2012 at 3:46 pm

[...] Papersnitch : Neon color block tags [...]

saturday link love « The Lovely Lemon commented on September 1st, 2012 at 4:17 am

So, gift wrapping is almost as important as the gift! And easy to do much better! Try these tags http://t.co/UIkAp8FD via @papernstitch

Ben Blomerley (@askherfriends) commented on September 6th, 2012 at 5:09 am

[...] 9. color block gift tags diy from me [...]

10 teeny tiny DIYs to try | papernstitch commented on September 14th, 2012 at 10:01 am

How did I miss this loveliness? Can’t wait to try this DIY when I start making my own tags for the holiday season :)
Donaville recently posted..Color Crush: The Sea

Donaville commented on September 14th, 2012 at 11:43 am

I would like to find an automatic machine to make tags in the 1000′s
do you have any info on where I could find one, thank you for your time.

BillyHurlbert commented on January 11th, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Sorry Billy. I don’t know of a machine like that. Good luck in your search!

papernstitch commented on January 11th, 2013 at 12:19 pm