10/17/12
11 comments Make This: Striped Notebooks DIY in One Minute or Less by   |   11 comments

I picked up a new washi tape set a while back and have been trying to come up with ways to use it ever since. This stuff is addictive. So I grabbed a few blank notebooks that I was planning on using for another project and went to town. I realize this is rocket science here, but hey – they only took one minute to make, so I thought I would share the process in case you want to make your own…

Supplies:

1. Washi tape – slim set (lots of colors here)
  2. Scissors
  3. Moleskine cashier notebooks (set of 3)

Instructions:

1. Choose an interesting color combo and start rolling out strips of tape into any pattern you’d like. I went with stripes – it’s quick and easy.
  2. After attaching each strip of tape, cut off excess, but leave room to wrap the tape around the back so it won’t come undone easily.
  3. Fold the excess tape over to the back and attach. All done!

Here’s the photo version of this step by step…

Take it further!

Take this simple project one step further, and stamp your own custom message into the front cover, with a wooden mallet and a set of leather stamps (like this one)…

That’s it! So simple.

What do you think? Will you be making a few of these for yourself or buddies?

P.S.  I’m becoming obsessed with the leather stamp kit I used for this project, so prepare yourself for more DIYs that involve indented messages soon.

11 comments to Make This: Striped Notebooks DIY in One Minute or Less Click here to reply

(@papernstitch) (@papernstitch) commented on October 17th, 2012 at 10:01 am

A simple trick to visually appealing notebooks! I especially like the idea of stamping your title using leather stamps.
Thanks for sharing.
Mikkel recently posted..Gode grunde til at efterisolere

Mikkel commented on October 17th, 2012 at 10:32 am

RT @papernstitch: Make This: Striped Notebooks DIY in One Minute or Less: I picked up a new washi tape set a… http://t.co/KX2fdcx0

(@ckelso) (@ckelso) commented on October 18th, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Make This: Striped Notebooks DIY in One Minute or Less http://t.co/8PCmENuC

Christian Mähler (@notizbuchblog) commented on October 18th, 2012 at 4:28 pm

super easy! love it!

Stephanie@Henry Happened commented on October 19th, 2012 at 12:01 pm

Love this–such a cute idea! The color combo–of the bright popping neon-ish colors agains the brown is perfection.

Caroline commented on October 19th, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I love the addition of the custom stamp message on the journal.

Jess @ Sweet Athena commented on October 19th, 2012 at 10:44 pm

[...] 2. DIY Striped Notebooks by PAPERNSTITCH [...]

Nifty Links 2 « Hello Cheechako commented on October 23rd, 2012 at 8:24 am

http://t.co/zkNCnGqa se eu tentasse fazer ficaria horrível, mas achei bonitinho nas fotos. :)

Camila Kehl (@kehlcamila) commented on November 1st, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I love this idea! So perfect!

Danielle commented on December 14th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I absolutely LOVE this idea! I’m a huge fan of office supplies, stationary, notebooks, etc. and this is brilliant. Thanks so much!

Patricia commented on April 8th, 2013 at 6:36 am