I picked up a new washi tape set a while back and have been trying to come up with ways to use it ever since. This stuff is addictive. So I grabbed a few blank notebooks that I was planning on using for another project and went to town. I realize this is rocket science here, but hey – they only took one minute to make, so I thought I would share the process in case you want to make your own…
- Washi tape – slim set (lots of colors here)
- Moleskine cashier notebooks (set of 3)
- Choose an interesting color combo and start rolling out strips of tape into any pattern you’d like. I went with stripes – it’s quick and easy.
- After attaching each strip of tape, cut off excess, but leave room to wrap the tape around the back so it won’t come undone easily.
- Fold the excess tape over to the back and attach. All done!
Here’s the photo version of this step by step…
Take it further!
Take this simple project one step further, and stamp your own custom message into the front cover, with a wooden mallet and a set of leather stamps (like this one)…
That’s it! So simple.
What do you think? Will you be making a few of these for yourself or buddies?
P.S. I’m becoming obsessed with the leather stamp kit I used for this project, so prepare yourself for more DIYs that involve indented messages soon.