Make This: Wood Geo Cloud DIY

diy-wallart-project

A while back, I saw this wall installation at Anthropologie and muttered something on Instagram about how I should make something similar. Months later, I finally did. And actually, it’s my newest DIY for Curbly (full tutorial + more photos here).

Ultimately, I changed a lot of things about the original piece that I saw, to make it a more practical in-home design and give it more of a ‘cloud’ feeling, which I love. Overall, I was happy with how it came out and the possibilities for future projects (like a full scale photo booth backdrop). Anyway, you can view more photos and catch the full tutorial here on Curbly if you’re interested.

DIY // neon cloud wall art

Concept, photography and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff for Curbly

P.S. Have you ever seen a window display or in-store installation that made you think, ‘Woah. I should DIY that!’? If so, I’d love to hear what it was.

This entry is filed under , , , , , , .

This is so pretty! It would be fun to try with all sorts of different shapes. Thanks for sharing!

-Becca
Becca recently posted..Weekend Wardrobe: Birdcage Dress

Becca | July 1st, 2013 at 9:52 am

Thanks Becca. Yes, it would definitely work for all kinds of shapes and color. It’s super customizable. Thanks for stopping by.
-B

papernstitch | July 1st, 2013 at 9:57 am

This is AMAZING. Thanks for posting. I am thinking that I may have to make one of these for the playroom. Fantastic!
Jessica recently posted..Hallelujah: DOMA Is Crushed

Jessica | July 1st, 2013 at 11:13 am

Thanks Jessica! This would be perfect for a kid’s playroom! I love that idea.

papernstitch | July 1st, 2013 at 11:16 am

This is really great! I’ve seen a lot of cloud shaped installations around the web but this has a different character on its own. Very colorful and modern, I love it. 🙂
Allie recently posted..Crafty Hands | 04

Allie | July 1st, 2013 at 11:37 am

Thanks Allie. I appreciate that. Just checked out your blog, by the way, and love those geo coasters you created! They would go perfectly with this project.

papernstitch | July 1st, 2013 at 11:40 am

This is so cute! I would love to make something like this for my bedroom! Such a bright sunny piece to come home to. xx. McKenna Lou
McKenna Lou recently posted..Popsicle Love :: Desktop Wallpaper

McKenna Lou | July 1st, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Thanks for sharing! I’ve been searching for a DIY tutorial for wall art, and this is the perfect decor!
Laura – RelativelyOffbeat recently posted..Laura’s Month of June via Instagram

Laura - RelativelyOffbeat | July 1st, 2013 at 12:20 pm

That’s so cool!
I’ve always been in to wallart, so this is a great idea 🙂
Love

Emma | July 1st, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Looks fantastic! Love it.

Alex from http://www.polkadottedpixels.com
Alexandra Pettinato recently posted..WISHLIST: Summer

Alexandra Pettinato | July 1st, 2013 at 2:58 pm

How fun! This is something that I wouldn’t ever imagine making into a DIY, and I love that I can adjust the colors in the pattern to reflect the room I want to put it in- and maybe even the shapes! Thanks for the idea! x

Kayli Schattner | July 1st, 2013 at 4:17 pm

Whoa! What an awesome idea! I love it! I’m going to have to try it myself 🙂
Jennifer recently posted..The Secret Behind Finding Inexpensive Art for your Home!

Jennifer | July 1st, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Unfortunately, I want to make almost every cute display I see. Jordan is constantly having to tell me no. Hahaha. Right this moment I’m trying to convince him that I need floor to ceiling shelves in the office. Just something simple – most likely just brackets and boards. I think it would look fantastic paired with wire storage baskets. Oops, now I’m rambling. Haha.
Margeaux recently posted..Music Monday

Margeaux | July 2nd, 2013 at 9:40 am

So colorful and creative — love it!

Bethaney | July 2nd, 2013 at 1:32 pm