07/08/13
7 comments Make This: Summer Gift Toppers DIY by   |   7 comments

DIY // ice cream cone gift toppers

I don’t know why, but I never really feel like it’s officially summer until after July 4th, for some reason. Maybe I’m in denial until then? I don’t know. But now that the Fourth has come and gone, I have to face facts: it’s summer, it’s hot (as in super hot, I do live in Florida after all), and its time to hit the pool.

So to give summer a high-five the best way I know how, I created a couple of seasonal DIY projects for One Charming Party. One of those projects is this ice cream cone gift topper. It’s super easy to make. But the reason why I like this one so much is because it’s made with foam…which totally reminds me of the material that those floating pool noodles are made of. I mean, seriously, does it get any more summer-y than that?

diy-summer-cone-tags

Visit One Charming Party for more photos and the full tutorial.

Concept, styling, and photography by Brittni Mehlhoff for OCP.

This entry is filed under , , , .
7 comments to Make This: Summer Gift Toppers DIY Click here to reply

Girl, your little freebie/diy’s are some of my favorite things. My husband thinks I’m silly because I check your blog on the regular to give myself a creative jump start! Thanks for the daily dose of craft!
Margeaux recently posted..Goals 7/1

Margeaux commented on July 8th, 2013 at 8:37 am

Aw, well thank you Margeaux. I really appreciate that. Happy to have you as a regular reader.

papernstitch commented on July 8th, 2013 at 9:19 am

These are so perfect for summer party gifts! And I love that they’re made from foam, great idea!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..What Would You Like to See on Studio DIY!?

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on July 8th, 2013 at 9:30 am

Thanks Kelly. :) After this project, I love working with those foam sheets. They are so easy to cut and add an interesting texture.

papernstitch commented on July 8th, 2013 at 9:44 am

Oh, how cute! I never would have thought to make these out of foam!

-Becca
Becca recently posted..Weekend Wardrobe: Sunday Stripes

Becca commented on July 8th, 2013 at 9:45 am

Thanks Becca. Yeah, the foam is so, so easy to use (and super affordable). I’m kind of addicted to it now.

papernstitch commented on July 8th, 2013 at 9:48 am

This will make giving my gifts from Venice waay better! But it’s already from Venice, so it’s good anyway ;)
Marleen recently posted..Boek Recensie | De 100 jarige man die uit het raam klom en verdween

Marleen commented on July 20th, 2013 at 6:08 pm