09/25/13
19 comments Make This: Fresh Flower Napkin Ring // Dinner Party DIY by   |   19 comments

napkin ring diy with fresh flowers

Clearly, my love for flowers runs deep. And when combined with a DIY element, I tend to get a little crazy as far as excitement goes. But I’ll try to keep my composure with today’s DIY. Promise.

This project is actually from a while back, but I never shared it because…well, I forgot. It’s an easy one, but it can make a big impact for an intimate dinner party (as we get ready for the holidays) or get together: how to make fresh floral napkin rings. The concept is similar to my framed flower mirror, but on a much, much smaller scale.

The full tutorial can be found right here on Project Wedding, but here’s the gist before you click over…

wedding DIY // fresh flower napkin ring

I was thinking that if you found a larger metal ring to use, this would totally work as a bangle bracelet too – as an alternative to a corsage at a wedding or a fun jewelry piece for a party, etc.

And of course, you can customize it with whatever colors you want (based on the season) by choosing different flowers. My only recommendation is to stick to small blooms for this one, otherwise it starts to look weird. And nobody wants that.

flowers

floral napkin ring diy for dinner parties

What do you think? Would you make a few of these for a small gathering with friends?

For more DIYs like this one, visit the DIY projects and tutorials page.

This entry is filed under , , , .
19 comments to Make This: Fresh Flower Napkin Ring // Dinner Party DIY Click here to reply

LOVE these!! Great selection of blooms. Definitely more of an intimate dinner party thing.

Melissa commented on September 25th, 2013 at 8:32 am

Thanks Melissa. I agree with you on the intimate dinner party thing…These are probably best made in small batches (makes it feel more special that way too). OR if someone is thinking of these for a wedding, maybe just reserve them for the bride and groom (and maybe the wedding party/ family) as a little something extra.

papernstitch commented on September 25th, 2013 at 8:55 am

very pretty! great color choices too

juni commented on September 25th, 2013 at 9:09 am

These are absolutely charming…
carol stanley recently posted..Welcome Libras–Today!

carol stanley commented on September 25th, 2013 at 9:13 am

These are sooo perfect! Love them

Haely recently posted..Mirror Makeover

Haely commented on September 25th, 2013 at 10:18 am

So lovely!!!!! I’ll definitely be doing this next time I have a dinner party!

-Becca
Ladyface Blog
Becca recently posted..Clip-on Earring Pendant Necklace

Becca commented on September 25th, 2013 at 10:32 am

Thanks ladies. Really appreciate the kind words.

papernstitch commented on September 25th, 2013 at 10:47 am

Love this! So beautiful! Your mix of florals are gorgeous!
Jessica (Coco & Mingo) recently posted..Nature lover: A botanical study

Jessica (Coco & Mingo) commented on September 25th, 2013 at 11:51 am

Thanks Jessica. :) You’re always so sweet with your comments….Makes me smile.

papernstitch commented on September 25th, 2013 at 12:00 pm

LOVE these colors, Britt!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Honeycomb Balloon Gift Toppers

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on September 25th, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Thanks Kelly! I definitely was digging the bright colors on this one.

papernstitch commented on September 25th, 2013 at 2:00 pm

These are beautiful Brittni! Please keep these flower DIYs coming, you’ve got a knack!
Rachel | 52 Weeks Project recently posted..Pyramid Stud Earrings

Rachel | 52 Weeks Project commented on September 26th, 2013 at 2:48 am

Thanks Rachel. Will do. Flower DIYs are pretty much my favorite thing to make for P&S (and they come the easiest too).

papernstitch commented on September 26th, 2013 at 3:00 pm

omg – kind of obsessing over these! and they look pretty simple to do! great diy.
rox recently posted..going veggie.

rox commented on September 26th, 2013 at 4:01 pm

They are super simple! You should definitely give ‘em a try, Rox.

papernstitch commented on September 27th, 2013 at 11:00 am

These are just adorable. Could be used for so many occasions :)

Katy commented on September 29th, 2013 at 9:38 am

What a great DIY! Easy and affordable, we will be sharing with our DIY brides on our DIY Flower Projects pinterest board!

Diana from BloomsByTheBox.com commented on October 16th, 2013 at 10:04 am

Thanks Katy and Diana. They could definitely be used for ANY occasion you can think of, which is one of the things I love about ‘em. And I appreciate you pinning the project Diana. Thanks!

papernstitch commented on October 16th, 2013 at 11:52 am

[…] 1. Quizá éste sea el DIY más elaborado. Necesitamos algo de alambre, flores bonitas y un poco de celo. No apto para mesas con más de seis comensales, si no queremos tardar más tiempo en hacer estos servilleteros que en asar un cochinillo al modo segoviano. Una propuesta de Paper & Stitch. […]

Ideas de servilleteros DIY commented on April 22nd, 2014 at 8:05 pm