02/12/14
12 comments Make This: DIY Heart Shaped Cupcake Toppers for V-Day + What I’ve Been up to Lately by   |   12 comments

V-Day Fruit Loop cupcake toppers

If you’re looking for a quick and easy last minute DIY to try for Valentine’s Day, I have one more for ya. This is the last one, I swear.

Over on Momtastic, I’m sharing the tutorial for making these heart shaped cupcake toppers made with Fruit Loops. Yum! This project is a good one for kids (and kids at heart, like myself). And if cereal isn’t your style, no worries…I have this salt water taffy cupcake topper and drink stirrer DIY for you to try. Something for everybody.

cereal cupcake toppers DIY

DIY cupcake toppers for V-Day // using fruit loops

Side Note: I bought a whole box of cereal to make these and only made three topper (I only had three cupcakes, so that was kind of the limit). And then, Jeff and I ate the rest of the box…in like two days. Fruit Loops are no joke, guys. They are like candy.

For more photos (there are a lot of them) and the full tutorial, visit my post on Momtastic.

heart shaped cupcake topper for V-Day

What I’ve been up to lately…This week has been a busy one for me, so far! I shot a bunch of projects with Sarah on Monday, which I’ll be sharing over the next couple of weeks. There is one in particular that I’m really looking forward to sharing. So, let’s hope I can contain myself until then. Kelly, Chelsea and I have been working hard on the final Meet/Make/Do details, which is coming up quick (MMD is two weeks from today – Palm Springs here I come)! I’m finishing up decorations for Amanda‘s baby shower. And I have a new column in the works (hope to share that info next week). Sooo…it’s kind of crazy right now. But it’s a good crazy. I think.

What are you up to this week? Has it been a busy one for you too, so far?

This entry is filed under , , , , , , .
12 comments to Make This: DIY Heart Shaped Cupcake Toppers for V-Day + What I’ve Been up to Lately Click here to reply

Cute and yummy! I love all the colors, very happy!
linda recently posted..Live Authentic | Live Proud | Blog On

linda commented on February 12th, 2014 at 9:25 am

So cute!!!!
chelsea recently posted..The internet brings out the worst in people.

chelsea commented on February 12th, 2014 at 10:00 am

Thanks Linda and Chelsea. The bright colors are definitely putting me in a cheerful mood this week.

papernstitch commented on February 12th, 2014 at 10:03 am

I LOVE this idea, so quirky and cute and colourful!

Becky x

Becky commented on February 12th, 2014 at 10:04 am

Thanks Becky. This one is definitely a little quirky, but I kind of love it.

papernstitch commented on February 12th, 2014 at 10:09 am

Ahhh I love these! So pretty!

Jenna || Jennafifi.co.uk
Jenna recently posted..Recipe – Valentines Day Rose Petal And Raspberry Chocolate Medallions

Jenna commented on February 12th, 2014 at 10:10 am

Thanks for stopping by Jenna. Appreciate the kind words.

papernstitch commented on February 12th, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I am OBSESSED with this cupcake topper idea. It is so brilliant! And so excited for everything you have in the works! Can’t wait to see the new column!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Plush Conversation Hearts

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on February 12th, 2014 at 12:09 pm

Haha. Thanks Kel. I’m looking forward to sharing the new column. The first post for it strangely coincides with this project. Loved your plush conversation hearts from today.

papernstitch commented on February 12th, 2014 at 2:33 pm

Crazy is always good! What would life be like without it? Am I right!
Kelly Smith recently posted..simple valantine’s day lemon bars

Kelly Smith commented on February 12th, 2014 at 3:57 pm

How cute are these cupcake toppers

Charmaine (The Party DIY) commented on February 17th, 2014 at 1:14 pm

These cupcakes are so cool.

I baked professionally for year and never tried this.

Love, love.