07/02/14
11 comments Make This: Mod DIY Drink Stirrers for Summer Entertaining by   |   11 comments

Summer Entertaining Idea // Modern Drink Stirrers DIY

Since the Fourth of July is only two days away and we are the only ones with a pool out of nearly everyone we know, I’m guessing its’ going to be a pretty busy summer for entertaining. Which is completely fine by me.

So, I’ve been thinking about DIY summer entertaining ideas to make things interesting during these next few months, starting with this colorful DIY drink stirrers project.

I’m writing for Tuts+ now and this is actually my first project for them, so I thought I would just share a few photos of the finished tutorial. But it’s pretty easy to recreate, I promise…even if it does involve a drill.

Colorful Mod Drink Stirrers DIY

DIY // Wood Block Drink Stirrers

Grapefruit, Lemon, and Lime

Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

You can find the full tutorial, with step by step instructions, right here.

Are you planning to do any entertaining this summer? What’s your favorite thing to DIY for outdoor parties and summer get-togethers?

This entry is filed under , , , , .
11 comments to Make This: Mod DIY Drink Stirrers for Summer Entertaining Click here to reply

Sooo Clever and so cute!!! I LOVE these!!!

Jahaila @ Girl Nesting commented on July 2nd, 2014 at 9:58 am

Thanks Jahalla.

Brittni commented on July 2nd, 2014 at 10:37 am

I love how colorful these photos (and this project) are! Congrats on the new Tuts+ gig! I can’t wait to see all you come up with over there!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Star Spangled Confetti Balloons

Kelly @ Studio DIY commented on July 2nd, 2014 at 10:48 am

Thanks Kelly. I’ve definitely been more into color lately. Must be the summer months getting to me. :)

Brittni commented on July 2nd, 2014 at 1:21 pm

Have to be one of my favourites around.. there’s something so unusual about them! like they’re defying gravity!
Corina nika recently posted..AN EARLY 2015 CALENDAR FOR A GOOD CAUSE

Corina nika commented on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Aw, thanks Corina. You have such great style, so I really appreciate that coming from you. Hope you’re having a great week.

Brittni commented on July 2nd, 2014 at 3:53 pm

I loooooooove these britt!

Ashley | Sugar & Cloth commented on July 3rd, 2014 at 1:06 pm

Thanks Ash. :) I had fun making them. I really like small projects like this where I get to use a drill. Power tools make things feel so much more official.

Brittni commented on July 3rd, 2014 at 4:25 pm

[…] will be plenty of tasty popsicle treats, geo drink stirrers, and watermelon donuts for me this year. I’m going all in. And to keep the ball rolling on […]

Make This: DIY Watercolor Napkins for a Summer Dinner Party or Backyard BBQ | Paper and Stitch commented on July 8th, 2014 at 8:00 am

[…] Mod drink stirrers at paper n stitch […]

#74 fun things // shape up - 74 Lime Lane commented on July 9th, 2014 at 5:20 pm

[…] 5. Mod drink stirrers that I created for Tuts+ (more on that collar here) […]

6 Summer DIYs to Try This Weekend | Paper and Stitch commented on July 11th, 2014 at 8:00 am