07/07/14
13 comments Make This: Coffee Ice Cream Pops with Bacon Sprinkles by   |   13 comments

Coffee Ice Cream Pops with Bacon Sprinkles. Yum!

Over the long weekend, I did some experimenting…which led to me combining two things I love into one of the most decadent combos ever, aside from this combo, of course: coffee ice cream and bacon.

Okay, hear me out.

If you want your shorts to continue fitting, this may not be an everyday kind of popsicle. BUT on special occasions…like Saturdays…these are a must-try. I made them into popsicles, to make it feel more summery, and control the portions a little bit. They are soooo delicious.

Want to make your own? You’ll only need two ingredients!

coffee-bacon-popsicles-18

Ingredients: coffee ice cream (approximately one very large, oversized scoop per popsicle) and 4-6 strips of bacon

Materials: popsicle mold, popsicle sticks, paper towel

How-To:

1. Cook bacon until it’s extra crispy. Once cooked, dab off excess grease. You’ll need approximately one piece of bacon for each popsicle.

2. Wrap the bacon in a paper towel, and break up the strips into tiny ‘sprinkles’ with a kitchen mallet.

3. Scoop out ice cream into a bowl and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes until melted. Next, mix in some of the bacon sprinkles into the ice cream mixture (if desired) and stir.

4. Then pour the melted ice cream into popsicle molds. Put in the freezer for 30-45 minutes before adding popsicle sticks.

5. Let the popsicles freeze overnight. When ready to serve, run the molds under warm water for 10-15 seconds and pop them out.

6. Top each popsicle with bacon sprinkles on both sides and serve.

Coffee Ice Cream Pops with Bacon Sprinkles

Recipe // Coffee Ice Cream Pops with Bacon Sprinkles

Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

What do you think? Will you be giving this popsicle recipe a try? It is only two ingredients, so you don’t have much to lose. Right?

13 comments to Make This: Coffee Ice Cream Pops with Bacon Sprinkles Click here to reply

They look delicious. Even though it’s mid-winter where I am, I’m still super keen to test this out; maybe with salted caramel ice-cream and bacon *drooling* // timidlioness

Casey commented on July 7th, 2014 at 8:41 am

I love salted caramel, Casey. So that sounds like it would be a good combo.

Brittni commented on July 7th, 2014 at 10:13 am

I was thinking the same thing about it being similar to salted caramel! I am not a coffee drinker, but i think I could get behind coffee ice cream pops!
Lauren recently posted..DIY Vintage Shabby Chic Mirror Makeover

Lauren commented on July 7th, 2014 at 10:31 am

I’m not a big coffee drinker either, Lauren. But coffee ice cream is delicious! I’d definitely give a try….or just go with salted caramel (which is pretty much the best ice cream flavor ever).

Brittni commented on July 7th, 2014 at 10:37 am

this is so insane i really have to try!
Corina nika recently posted..SUMMER COCKTAILS

Corina nika commented on July 7th, 2014 at 2:30 pm

[…] stumbled across this recipe by Brittni Melhoff that combines two of the best treats on the planet and just had to share. And you only need two […]

Coffee Ice Cream Pops with Bacon Sprinkles | Pork, Knife, & Spoon commented on July 7th, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Definitely, Corina. I highly recommend giving them a try. You can also add a little bit of agave to the ice cream as it’s melting, before you put it into the popsicle molds, to make them a little sweeter.

Brittni commented on July 7th, 2014 at 4:06 pm

Did you take these pictures in a light box? They look SO good!

Jana commented on July 9th, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Thanks Jana. Nope, no light box. I took the photos in natural light, but it was very stormy that day so the light coming in through the windows was pretty minimal. If you’re interested, I wrote about the set up for most of my photos in this behind the scenes post: http://www.papernstitchblog.com/2014/02/18/outside-the-frame-the-anatomy-of-styling-a-diy-project/

Brittni commented on July 10th, 2014 at 10:18 am

what great flavor profiles! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I know some people who will love to try this out!

Cristina Ferrare commented on July 15th, 2014 at 4:32 pm

[…] 1. Flock table cloth via Studio Mae Engelgeer 2. Coffee ice cream pops with…bacon! via Paper and Stitch 3. Bedroom – House and Home magazine via Sfgirlbybay 4. Cactus print via Laura Garcia […]

Visual crush commented on July 23rd, 2014 at 4:23 pm

[…] It’s National Ice Cream MONTH! Celebrate by making coffee ice cream pops with bacon sprinkles  […]

Hooray for the Weekend! | SHINY | PRETTY | HAPPY commented on July 25th, 2014 at 9:43 am

[…] & Raspberry Popsicles by  Princess Misia 4. Lavender Bees Knees Popsicle by Emma Magazine 5. Coffee Ice Cream Pops with Bacon Sprinkles by Paper & Stitch 6. Matcha Mochi Yogurt Pops by My Name is Yeh 7. Funfetti Creamsicles by […]

8 Must-Try Popsicle Recipes - The Crafted Life commented on August 27th, 2014 at 3:05 am