Tasty Tuesday: Two Ingredient Blood Orange Popsicles Recipe

Blood Orange Popsicles Recipe

I made some popsicles, over the three day weekend, with the leftover blood oranges I had from last week’s candied oranges recipe. So, I thought I’d kick off the week with quick tutorial for making these pops.

This particular recipe is one of my favorites as of late. The combination of sweet and tart is A+ in my book. Plus, it only has two ingredients, which means it pretty much doesn’t get any easier.

Recipe // Blood Orange Popsicles

• Blood Orange Italian Soda (available at Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s)
  • One Blood Orange

1. Start by slicing a blood orange into 1/4 inch thick pieces (or even thinner if you prefer) and then cutting those slices in half, so they’ll fit in the popsicle trays.

2. Next, lightly squeeze the juice from the orange slices into the popsicle tray. Then add the orange slices into each individual popsicle mold.

3. Pour the soda into each popsicle mold. Then, pop the whole tray in the freezer for about 45 minutes.

4. Pull the popsicle tray out and add popsicle sticks. Then put them back in the freezer to fully harden (about 4 hours). Once frozen, remove the tray from the freezer and run warm water over the underside of the tray for 20-30 seconds to remove.

*Because of the fizziness / bubbles in the italian soda, these tend to pop out or overflow from the mold a bit when they freeze. It doesn’t make them taste any better or worse. Just an interesting thing that happens.

Blood Orange Popsicles

Recipe // Two Ingredient Blood Orange Popsicles

Recipe, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff

And if you have any leftover italian soda, you might as well make a cocktail or two. Add vodka or sparking wine and an orange slice and you’re good to go.

For more popsicle recipes like this one, visit the popsicle page.

This entry is filed under , , , , , , , , .

Even though it’s super cold I want these now !

arnella kajtezovic | January 20th, 2015 at 10:27 am

I hear ya, Arnella. The cold weather won’t stop me from eating (or making) popsicles when blood oranges are involved. Haha.

Brittni | January 20th, 2015 at 10:43 am

You are the popsicle queen! These look SO GOOD
Jacquelyn | lark & linen recently posted..House Envy: Family Friendly Home

Jacquelyn | lark & linen | January 20th, 2015 at 10:56 am

Haha. Thanks Jacquelyn! I definitely have quite the obsession with popsicles at this point.

Brittni | January 20th, 2015 at 11:00 am

Not only do these look amazing but I am such a fan of the fact that they only consist of two ingredients!

Rae | love from berlin

Rae | January 20th, 2015 at 12:10 pm

Thanks Rae. I’m a big fan of limited ingredient recipes too. It makes everything so much easier (and cost effective).

Brittni | January 20th, 2015 at 12:14 pm

These look absolutely delicious! I can’t wait to make these. Thanks for the post!!

Jeannie | January 21st, 2015 at 2:57 am

Thanks Jeannie.

Brittni | January 21st, 2015 at 3:11 am

These sound delicious and ingeniously easy! Thanks for sharing.
Dream & Scheme recently posted..Remembrance

Dream & Scheme | January 21st, 2015 at 11:18 am

Thanks Dream & Scheme. They were pretty delicious. The italian soda really added a lot.

Brittni | January 21st, 2015 at 11:30 am

Not only do the Popsicles look yummy but so does the counter top😍 how do you like your carrera marble? How easy or how hard hard is it to care for???

Anne Oswald | January 21st, 2015 at 11:42 am

Hi Anne. This is just the magic of photos….The marble is actually a large cutting board (not countertop)…but I do love it. :) It was just resealed the other day, actually. Still going strong after a year or more.

Brittni | January 21st, 2015 at 11:54 am

yum! I wish the weather was a bit warmer in London so i could make some now!
laura recently posted..The Little Yellow Door, Notting Hill – Because Everyone Loves a House Party

laura | January 21st, 2015 at 12:14 pm

I hear ya, Laura. You can always bookmark them for when things start to warm up again.

Brittni | January 21st, 2015 at 12:21 pm

This is brilliant! I got a popsicle mold to make another recipe from your site and am happy to see you post more things I can make with it! :) Esp. because the TJs blood orange soda is AMAZING.

<3 Kelsea | Kels Shark
Kelsea Echo recently posted..Book Review | The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer

Kelsea Echo | January 21st, 2015 at 2:41 pm

Yum! I just picked up some blood oranges from the farmers market last weekend. Now I have something delicious to make with them!
Emilee recently posted..Our wedding!

Emilee | January 21st, 2015 at 2:46 pm

These look so good! I love any sweet citrusy dessert… I’ll just have to tuck this recipe away for a hot summer day!
Kevin | Thou Swell recently posted..Sally King Benedict’s Charming Atlanta Home

Kevin | Thou Swell | January 21st, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Looks so yummy!
Wita | Design is Yay recently posted..BFF FREEBIES: February 2015 Wallpaper Calendar & Planner

Wita | Design is Yay | January 21st, 2015 at 7:37 pm

[…] This looks so delicious! I think I’m going to make these blood orange popsicles. […]

Favorites Of My Feed | Elise's Choice | January 25th, 2015 at 7:34 am

Looks great! Silly question, but what make is the mould you are using? I’ve searched high and low for this particular shape and can not find it anywhere. Thank you!

Lana | January 25th, 2015 at 5:08 pm

These look and sound amazing! I can’t wait to make some.
Michelle recently posted..Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie

Michelle | January 26th, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Wonderful ,these must taste as they look!

Gracious Store | January 30th, 2015 at 12:44 am

[…] 1. blood orange popsicle recipe […]

8 Things to Make with Blood Oranges | Paper and Stitch | February 23rd, 2015 at 9:05 am

[…] & source: 1. spiked crushed watermelon popsicles | 2. strawberry mousse | 3. blood orange popsicles | 4. watermelon […]