Color Blocked Chocolate Bark with Edible Flower Sprinkles

Color Blocked Chocolate Bark Recipe with Edible Flower Sprinkles

If you’ve been around here long, you know that I love flowers and I love food (specifically of the sugary variety). So, I thought I would combine the two in a colorful DIY recipe that is oh so sweet. You game?

Here’s how to make color blocked chocolate bark with edible flower confetti…

Chocolate Bark with Edible Flower Sprinkles

Supplies and Ingredients:

white chocolate candy melts // gel food coloring // edible flowers (I found mine at Whole Foods) // colorful sprinkles (optional) // wax paper // sheet pan // wooden spoon // flat spatula // wooden skewers

How to Make Color Blocked Chocolate Bark

Instructions:

1. Melt the chocolate according to the directions on the packaging, either on the stovetop or microwave.

2. Separate the melted chocolate into 2 containers and add gel food coloring to each one. I chose violet and pink for my colors.

3. Then, pour the melted chocolate onto a sheet pan that has been covered with wax paper. Keep the half of the pan one color and the other half the second color to get a color blocked look. Smooth with a flat spatula, if needed.

4. Next, remove the petals from your edible flowers. And while the chocolate is still in a liquid state on the pan, sprinkle the flower petals over the top of the chocolate.

5. Add colorful sprinkles as well, if desired.

6. Then wait for the chocolate to harden completely. You can speed this process up by putting the pan into the fridge.

7. Once the chocolate is completely hardened, use the back of a wooden spoon to break the chocolate up into pieces of bark, as shown in the photos.

Recipe // Color Blocked Chocolate Bark with Edible Flower Sprinkles

Recipe // Color Blocked Chocolate Bark with Edible Flower Sprinkles

Color Blocked Chocolate Bark with Edible Flower Sprinkles

Art direction, styling, and photography by Brittni Mehlhoff
Recipe production assisted by Linda Jedenawski

Have you ever tried using edible flowers for food projects? Aren’t they fun to work with?

For more sweet treats and recipes like this one, visit the food + recipes tag.

Pretty and fun! :-)
tinajo recently posted..… and once there was a blog…

tinajo | March 16th, 2015 at 8:13 am

Wow I didn’t expected this post to be a DIY. This is beyond amazing and something I immediately put on my list. It;s a piece of art! x

FOUND SOME PAPER BLOG
Uli recently posted..Re: Found Excitement For Creative Project #3

Uli | March 16th, 2015 at 8:42 am

This looks really amazing! Pinning to try for later!

Mel | March 16th, 2015 at 9:12 am

Gorgeous, Brittni! You always have the best food DIY projects!
Kimberly recently posted..Cinnamon Sugar Chocolate Croissants | Recipe Testing

Kimberly | March 16th, 2015 at 9:13 am

So-this is spring all wrapped up in what looks like a delicious a block of awesome! I love it. I would have never thought of using flowers to “decorate” a chocolate bar. Sadly, I will probably never get around to making it. It’s going on a “things to try” list anyway.

Krysten | March 16th, 2015 at 9:32 am

Im obsessed with this, B!!

Ashley | Sugar & Cloth | March 16th, 2015 at 10:26 am

I can’t even handle how pretty this is. I’d have a hard time eating it!

Jacquelyn | lark & linen | March 16th, 2015 at 10:47 am

B! Holy crap! I am more in love with this than I could ever say! I mean, this might be my most favorite project of yours ever. Just saying. :)
Lexy | PROPER recently posted..DIY Colorblocked Geometric Vase

Lexy | PROPER | March 16th, 2015 at 11:56 am

This looks like fun. A great set of simple instructions that even I can follow. Will melting chocolate in the microwave be ok or does it get too messy? Any advice please… Thanks
jess bann recently posted..Swan SR11010WRN Retro Top-Mounted Fridge Freezer in Wine Red by Swan

jess bann | March 16th, 2015 at 12:54 pm

this is AWESOME!

Jared | March 16th, 2015 at 5:20 pm

Wow. This is one of the most beautiful DIYs I’ve ever seen! I don’t think I could love a bar of chocolate more!
Jamie recently posted..Beer Mug Cake Topper

Jamie | March 16th, 2015 at 5:43 pm

Well this is just delightful, and those flower sprinkles are incredible! Perfect for this amazing weather we’ve been enjoying in ATL :)
Kevin | Thou Swell recently posted..12 MIRRORED ACCENTS THAT SHINE

Kevin | Thou Swell | March 16th, 2015 at 6:50 pm

This is so beautiful! It’s like artwork!
Claire recently posted..ice cream series: lemon drizzle ice cream cake

Claire | March 16th, 2015 at 7:30 pm

This is just such a good idea, I am just wondering if my attempt will be half as good!

Annabel ♥
Mascara & Maltesers

Annabel | March 16th, 2015 at 7:34 pm

This is amazing and beautiful! I love everything about it, especially the chocolate haha. Will definitely try this, thanks for sharing 💜

ADDICTEDTODIY | March 16th, 2015 at 8:18 pm

This. Is. Un. Real. You’ve outdone yourself B!
Kelly @ Studio DIY recently posted..DIY Graphic Tees

Kelly @ Studio DIY | March 17th, 2015 at 12:43 am

Brittni!!!!! THESE ARE GLORIOUS!

Brittany | March 17th, 2015 at 2:02 pm

It looks fun and interesting to make! Thanks for the recipe <3

Marsya recently posted..My Dorm Snacks

Marsya | March 18th, 2015 at 2:29 am

this looks so pretty!
truly, Addia recently posted..Travel smart with these on-the-go makeup palettes

truly, Addia | March 18th, 2015 at 12:18 pm

[…] i totally fell in love with this chocolate bark with edible flower sprinkles found at papernstitchblog just taping the name and i’m already mouthwatering […]

Chocolate Perfection with edible Flowers | Oh My Sucrerie | March 19th, 2015 at 2:12 pm

[…] lilla og gult. Og litt ekstra søtsaker. Jeg digger «brytesjokolade» som denne fra Paper & Stich. Det er lett å lage og samtidig dekorativt. Til jul laget jeg denne varianten, ideen fikk jeg fra […]

HURRA HEI OG HOPP! | FJELLBY | March 19th, 2015 at 6:43 pm

This looks so delicious! Doesn’t hurt that it’s pretty too 😉
Kait recently posted..Say Yes To New Adventures

Kait | March 20th, 2015 at 2:41 am

[…] this is like, the prettiest thing i’ve ever seen. â‹… love this for an easter table setting â‹… apparently mark ruffalo was always cute â‹… i could […]

happy weekend | almost makes perfect | March 20th, 2015 at 10:46 am

[…] This picture crossed my Pinterest feed yesterday, and now I want to eat all the things with all the flowers. […]

Eight Vegan Edible Flower Recipes for Spring Jade and Fern | March 20th, 2015 at 11:46 am

[…] This just might be the springiest dessert I’ve stumbled across […]

Weekend Guide | March 21st, 2015 at 6:09 am

[…] Color Blocked Chocolate Bark with Edible Flower Sprinkles by Paper & Stitch […]

Easter DIY Roundup | Pop + Shorty | March 22nd, 2015 at 9:16 pm

I so want to make this! It looks so pretty, well actually too pretty to eat :)

Emma Jayne x
Emma Jayne recently posted..DIY Easter Treats

Emma Jayne | March 24th, 2015 at 10:36 am

It’s just too beautiful to eat! It looks so easy to create and will certainly impress.
Tammi recently posted..Anthropologie Ring Dish DIY

Tammi | March 25th, 2015 at 6:32 pm

This looks so pretty I wouldn’t want to eat it! Such a creative idea =)

Anne-Marie | March 27th, 2015 at 5:37 pm

[…] How to frost the perfect cake :: How to write kick-ass blog titles :: Go Ikea! :: The prettiest dessert :: Recently added to my bucket list :: How to keep a fiddle leaf fig alive :: My new favourite […]

Monday Musings: How to Frost the Perfect Cake, Free Desktop Wallpaper + More! - lark & linenlark & linen | April 6th, 2015 at 3:09 am

What an amazing idea!!! I will definitely use this at Christmas time as edible gifts for friends… and I’m also thinking it would be a gorgeous treat at a baby shower!

Liv | May 7th, 2015 at 10:43 pm

[…] 15. Color Blocked Chocolate Bark with Edible Flower Sprinkles by Paper & Stitch (also seen at top of post). […]

We Are Scout | HUNTING. GATHERING. MAKING. THE GOOD STUFF. | June 9th, 2015 at 5:01 pm

How much white chocolate do you use for this recipe? Are you using “almond bark” or “white chocolate”?

Kathy | June 10th, 2015 at 2:52 pm

Hi Kathy. You can use white chocolate chips or Candiquik. Hope that helps.

Brittni | June 11th, 2015 at 10:19 am

[…] 1. watermelon place cards. 2. colourful coasters. 3. balloon wall. 4. gemstone drink stirrers. 5. color blocked chocolate with edible flowers. […]

5 summer projects. – hjartesmil | June 18th, 2015 at 11:07 am

[…] Left: Chocolate Slab Explosion, HOORAY! Issue 10 | Right: Colour Blocked Chocolate Bark with Edible Flower Sprinkles, Paper & Stitch […]

Chocolate Bark!: HOORAY! magazine | June 24th, 2015 at 10:29 pm

Did this and loved it!!
I had to melt a bit more chocolate than I thought I would need but this turned out really well. I also just used plain white melting chocolate and it seemed not to make a difference in the final product. A brilliant centre piece.
Will do again!!!

Isla | October 28th, 2015 at 11:40 pm

So glad to hear it turned out well, Isla!

Brittni | October 29th, 2015 at 12:34 am

[…] the use of edible flower confetti? This candied bark looks sweet and wonderfully festive to […]

10 Ideas For Edible confetti • A Subtle Revelry | April 1st, 2016 at 9:34 am

[…] Flowers turn into all natural funfetti with color-blocked bark from Papernstitch. […]

Plated Petals – twineandtable | April 12th, 2016 at 6:34 pm

[…] Florals feature in the bouquet and table settings, and now they’re about to appear on our dishes. Edible flowers offer a subtle pop of color and are super photogenic. They’re also a gorgeous addition to a wedding favor, like homemade color-blocked chocolate bark. […]

8 Chic Wedding Ideas For 2016 – Kennemere & Co. | April 20th, 2016 at 8:18 pm

[…] ideas for gorgeous homemade Mother’s Day food gifts, including this outrageous looking Color Blocked Chocolate Bark with Edible Flower Sprinkles from Paper and Stitch. […]

21 ideas for great last-minute Mother's Day gifts | CoolMomPicks | May 4th, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Hi! May I know if you used edible preserved flowers or fresh flowers? If you used fresh, are they going to stay this way?

candy | June 3rd, 2016 at 3:30 am

How far in advance can you make? Do the flowers wilt or brown?

Kat

Kat | June 19th, 2016 at 10:35 am

This is really beautiful**as someone who grows edible flowers I use them often in salads & to garnish cakes but I preserve mine so my question is: Are these intended to be eaten the same day because they will lose their color rapidly otherwise ??❤️?

Jody | June 25th, 2016 at 12:42 pm

Hi Candy, Kat and Jody. Yes, its best to eat the bark the same day, if using the edible flowers. It’s so easy to make though, you could make it right before an event and get together without feeling rushed. Hope that helps.

Brittni | June 25th, 2016 at 4:44 pm

I’ve only seen bark done for the holidays using milk or dark chocolate. Its interesting to see this new twist on holiday bark!

Eden Passante | September 7th, 2016 at 12:55 pm

Wee Birdy | The insider’s guide to shopping, design, interiors, travel, fashion and beauty | September 23rd, 2016 at 6:16 pm