This post is sponsored by Uber. Learn more at uber.com/rewards. Terms Apply.
With a young kiddo at home and no family in town, date nights are a bit of a challenge these days. BUT with a little planning, Jeff and I were able to put a day date together, just the two of us, and we went somewhere super fun and unique! We grabbed my camera to document the whole thing and partnered with Uber to share 5 unique date ideas to kick off their new Uber Rewards program.
Any guesses where we went? Click through to see for yourself.
Date nights are great and all, but with a four month old who can get a little moody at night before bed, day dates make a lot more sense for us right now. And honestly, they’re kind of my favorite anyway because I can be at home at night and just hang out in my pjs. Anyone else?
Anyway, it’s been a little chilly here lately, so when the temperatures warmed up the teeniest bit, Jeff and I got gussied up (well it was fancy for us anyway) and went out for a few hours. We both have been missing the warm days that Atlanta is known for. So, I thought it’d be cool to pretend like it’s warmer outside and head to the tropical rotunda at the botanical gardens. Neither of us have been to that section of the gardens before and it did not disappoint. They keep the temperature and humidity pretty high in there for all of the tropical plants. So if you’re trying to warm up somewhere cute in Atlanta, this is it.
We got ready, booked a fancy ride with Uber Black, kissed Hayes goodbye, and headed out the door. We opted to call a ride to make our date stress-free and went with Uber Black instead of UberX to make our date feel extra special. Not having to drive ourselves meant we didn’t have to worry about parking (which can be pretty challenging most places in Atlanta) AND we could both grab a drink or two while we were out.
Plus with the new Uber Rewards program, we earn 3X points by requesting an Uber Black. There are four different Tiers in the Uber Rewards program and the more points you ear, the faster you change Tiers. Another plus? You earn $5 in Uber Cash each time you earn 500 points. Even better, the Uber Cash can be used towards rides and Uber Eats orders! Here’s how it works… If Uber Rewards has launched in your area, you’ll see a popup screen welcoming you to sign up when you open your Uber app. And if not, then you can sign up here to know when Uber Rewards comes to your city.
So where will you go while you’re racking up points with the Uber Rewards program?! I might have a few suggestions for ya. Wink.
Here are 5 unique date ideas that are actually really fun…
1. Take a cooking class (or something else that you both enjoy). This has been on our list for ages because we really, really need to get better at cooking at home more often, instead of eating out so much. Haven’t done it yet though!
2. Do something creative but out of your comfort zone – like a glass blowing workshop or a pottery making class. Jeff just recently went to a glass blowing mini workshop as a work thing and I thought it was so cool. He came home with a little glass paperweight that he made and I was like, hang on I want to do that too. So, I looked into a private lesson for us to go to together. I don’t know anything about glass blowing, so this seemed like a fun idea to get us out of our normal date ideas of going out to dinner, etc.
3. Head to your favorite museum. Many museums offer discounted tickets during the day and unless there’s a field trip happening, you’ll often feel like you have the whole place to yourself. How romantic is that?
4. Head to your nearest botanical gardens. Clearly I like this one. It’s a super chill date idea and is an especially good option if you have something juicy to talk about while you’re roaming around exploring the grounds.
5. Something that makes you feel like a kid again…like mini golf. I love stuff like this because it gives us a chance to just be goofy and not take things too seriously.
Photography by Brittni Mehlhoff and Amelia Lawrence
What are your favorite date ideas? Did I miss anything off the beaten path…aside from dinner and a movie?
P.S. I realized when I was editing the photos that Jeff and I basically wore the same exact thing on our date. Ha! Does anyone else accidentally do this too?
This post is in partnership with Uber. All opinions are my own. Thanks for supporting the brands that help keep Paper and Stitch running.