The other day, I was just kind of glancing around my office and suddenly realized it was time for an organizational overhaul. Has that every happened to you? You’re just in the thick of it day after day and don’t really notice. Until, suddenly, it hits you and you’re like ‘woah’.
I have a lot of stuff to keep track of in there…from props and craft supplies to paperwork / books, etc, but I still like the overall vibe of the room and didn’t want to compromise on style just for the sake of keeping things organized and tidy. So, I partnered with Post-it Brand (which I legitimately use ALL the time for work) to find the coolest ways to keep your office organized without compromising on style. And I even threw in a DIY project for good measure.
All of these organizational elements work perfectly with the new Post-it Brand World of Color collections, inspired by colors from around the globe. My favorite color combo from the collection is Bali. The pastel-ish colors are kind of perfect for my space. And the New York collection is a great one too. But there are quite a few more color options to choose from as well: Marrakesh, Rio de Janeiro, Bora Bora, Cape Town, Jaipur, Marseille, and Helsinki. So you’re bound to find a color scheme that works with your space.
Ready for the office supplies that will make organizing a cinch? Here are 5 ways to keep your office organized without compromising on style…
1. DIY Hanging Cubby / Bulletin Boards: Okay, I had to start with these because they are totally my new favorite thing. I’ll be showing you how to make them next week, but for now I’ll just tease you by saying they’re relatively painless to make and completely addictive. We made 6 or 7 of these in different shapes one day and I still turned to Linda and asked if we needed to make anymore. Apparently, I want to cover every empty inch of wall space with these things.
2. Stacking Storage Boxes: Okay, these stacking boxes are amazing! I keep a few at my desk and a few on the bench nearby, with glue sticks, scissors, paints, etc. They have to be the coolest looking stacking boxes around. I mean, there’s a graph print box. So I’m pretty sure they can’t be beat.
I’ve actually been sticking Post-it Notes to the boxes, much like the hanging cubbies, because it’s such an easy surface to stick stuff too. Naturally, I tend to throw a few little doodles up there too, just for fun. It’s one of my favorite procrastination past times, actually.
3. Copper Basket: I have a couple of these copper baskets that I keep around for different things. Mainly books and magazines. It’s like a mini bookshelf without the shelf, basically.
4. Ombre Receipts Folder: I love this accordion style folder for tucking away receipts and other important documents that I need to keep on hand, but don’t necessarily want to look at everyday. When it’s unfolded, it’s a nice design element for the space. And when I’m done using it, it folds up into a regular notebook size, with an elastic closure, so I can keep things tidy until I need them again.
5. DIY Concrete Pencil Holder: I started using the DIY concrete vase I made a while back as a pencil holder in my office. It’s nice to have yet another spot for storing random things, so they’re out of the way, but still right there when I need them. Plus the texture of the concrete against the smoother surfaces on my desk is a welcomed change. Get the tutorial for this project here.
Photography by Linda Jednaszewski
Concept and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
So that pretty much wraps up my picks for stylish organizational accessories. Do you have a favorite from this list of must-haves? How do you keep your office organized?
This post is in partnership with Post-it Brand. Thank you for supporting the brands that help keep Paper & Stitch running.