This weekend, we’re heading to Orlando for a late celebration of Hayes’ first birthday! If you follow along on stories, you saw that we kept his actual birthday pretty low key with a trip to the aquarium, some balloons at a home, and a little cupcake. But since we’ll be in Orlando this weekend, we might take him to Disney. Any thoughts on taking a one year old? Is it worth it? Jeff and I have been to Disney many, many times. But never with our kiddo in tow, so I’m wondering how hectic it would be with a baby. Let me know if you have any thoughts or experience in this department.
But the real reason I’m guessing you’re here, is for the DIYs! So, I’ve rounded up my faves for the week if you plan to put those crafty fingers to work. Here are the 6 projects I’m loving most this weekend…
1. First on the list is six ways to style a silk scarf. I love how a simple scarf can completely change the look fo an outfit.
2. I’m feeling a twitch to get my kitchen organized lately and these DIY hand lettered glass jar labels from Alice and Lois are probably what got me thinking about it.
3. You know I love wall organizers around here, especially the DIY variety. And this one is made of leather!
4. If you ever wanted to make a bolo tie, this simple clay project is for you. I love the muted colors, but you can easily make this one more colorful or bold too.
5. This DIY mushroom play mat from The House that Lars Built might just be the most adorable baby project I’ve ever seen. This would be the perfect gift for someone who is expecting a little one or has a baby already.
6. Thought this foaming face wash idea from The Merrythought sounded nice. I love foamy face stuff. Do you?
Hope you have a happy weekend.