By now you know that I love, love, love, DIY gift wrap ideas. It’s bordering obsession at this point.
BUT I’m okay with that…and I hope you are too because I have a gift wrap idea for Mom, in partnership with Paper Mart, that will literally take 60 seconds to whip up. Yep, one minute flat!
It’s so, so easy. And you don’t have to be a wrapping expert to pull it off. Phew!
And bonus… all of the supplies you need can be found at Paper Mart, a one-stop shop for all things party, packaging and DIY supplies. I’ve been buying things in bulk from there for years…especially around the time Jeff and I got married. SO many things!
So, now that you know where to get the goods, here’s my 60 second Mother’s Day wrapping hack…
- colorful glassine gift bags
- colorful gift boxes
- clear pillow boxes
- clear square boxes
- colorful ribbon in various widths
- paint pen or permanent marker
1. Decide on a phrase or word for your bag or box for Mom. Then, when you’re ready, simply write your word directly on the bag or box, in script. It helps to keep a loose, even flow and try to resist picking up the paint marker from the surface until the first word is complete.
2. Finish the rest of your phrase the same way, if you’re writing more than just MOM, for example. Then, give the marker or paint pen a few seconds to dry.
3. Then, if desired, you can thicken up some of the downstrokes to create more of a bold (and easy to read) statement on your box or bag. Here’s how… Any down strokes (parts of a letter that your marker moves downward on) draw a parallel line. Then fill in between the two lines to create that thicker look.
Again, give the paint pen or marker a little time to dry before adding Mom’s gift, a little candy (for those moms with a sweet tooth), or maybe even a handwritten note, etc.
4. Add a ribbon and you’re good to go! Mom will totally appreciate this hand lettered wrap job. I’m sure of it!
Think you’ll give this DIY gift wrap idea a try? What other phrases do you think would be a good fit for Mother’s Day gift wrapping?
This post is in partnership with Paper Mart. Visit PaperMart.com to see all the quality craft supplies they carry and follow them on Instagram, Facebook, Pinter