Oh, goodness! I can’t believe that it’s already time to get back to work. Happy 2015!
If I’m being honest, it’s probably going to be a few days before I can get my brain back into work mode. Are you feeling it this morning too? BUT I came up with a sweet way to jumpstart the day…or at least convince myself (and maybe you too) to wake up early this morning.
Breakfast in a popsicle…cereal pops!
They may sounds a little crazy, but they’re good. I promise. Even if you don’t eat them first thing in the morning. There’s a little ice cream involved anyway, so you may want to hold out until lunch on these. Depending on how much motivation you need to get out of bed in the morning.
Here’s what you need to make your own…
- 2 cups of Fruity Pebbles cereal (or your favorite cereal)
- 3-4 cups of vanilla almond milk (or regular milk)
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
1. Start by pouring the cereal into a large bowl, then pouring the milk on top. Let the cereal sit for 10-15 minutes. This will get the milk nice a sugary to create cereal milk.
2. While you’re waiting, put two scoops of vanilla ice cream into a bowl and let it melt completely.
3. Once the cereal milk is ready, pour the cereal and cereal milk into the bowl with the melted ice cream and mix together. *You can remove the cereal before the step if you prefer. Up to you.
4. Pour the mixture into popsicles molds and put them in the freezer for 45 minutes. Then, remove the popsicles from the freezer, add popsicle sticks, and put back in the freezer until completely frozen. Roughly 4 hours.
Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
If Fruity Pebbles aren’t your thing, you can very easily switch the cereal out for one of your faves. There are so many possibilities with this…like peanut butter Captain Crunch, which I imagine would be SUPER good. I have the taste buds of a ten year old.
Think you’ll give these popsicles a try? And if so, what kind of cereal do you think you’ll use.