More sleep, less Monday! I’m easing back into the week hoping that all of us can just go back to dreamland for a few more hours, with a roundup of my favorite DIY headboard ideas. If you can’t get a nap in, at least you can get your bedroom looking mighty fine, right?
Here are 9 DIY headboard ideas that will make you forget it’s Monday…
1. I love how these art pieces carry from the wall onto the DIY plywood headboard idea in the photo above (from Ikea).
2. My fave do it yourself headboard – but I may be a little bias, since I made it and all.
3. This leather-strapped pillow headboard from Julies Kreahule is modern and minimal.
4. These woven placemats and runners get a new life with a textural DIY headboard idea from Sarah Sherman Samuel.
5. I’ve been eyeing this DIY geometric wood headboard from I Spy DIY for a while now. It looks so good, you can’t even tell it was DIYed.
6. This monochrome loveliness includes a (very clever) Ikea hack headboard from Stylizimo (by stylist Pella Hedeby / photography Ragnar Ómarsson for Ikea Hemma).
7. Have you ever use stikwood before? That’s what this DIY headboard from Sugar & Cloth is made of.
8. I did a double-take on this DIY channel tufted headboard from Emily Henderson (created by Brady Tolbert). Such a statement piece!
9. And last but not least, a faux (and fabulous) brass headboard from Sugar & Cloth. I love that’s it’s actually reflective too. Great for bouncing light back into a space, etc.
Which headboard is your favorite? Let me know your picks!
11 comments | Click here to reply
So cool! Such an inexpensive way to change things around your bedroom. The headboard is a big piece of itKMP Furniture Blog
[…] So many of these DIY headboard ideas look so chic […]On Our Radar. - Pretty & Fun
I never would have known your headboard is painted! What a great concept! Glad I watched your short video – thanks for all the ideas!Anne Rita Taylor
I loved these rooms very much and i want to decorate my room as above shown in photographs. Thanks for sharing this post.Nexttra
I’ve been thinking of adding a headboard to my room, so this post was super useful! I really like the headboard made out of placemats and runners. It has such nice texture and could be really affordable.
So beautiful roomsthe pink pineapple
I love all of these ideas! So clean and modern!
I like that one too, Courtney. It looks so effortlessly chic.Brittni
These are good ideas I like the first headboard image with all the art. It just looks so awesome, I pinned it to my Pinterest home ideas board!Courtney Hardy
Always on board with a good Ikea hack, Michelle. 🙂Brittni
The Ikea hack headboard is so cool and handy!Michelle