Lighting trends are all the rage right now. And while they are some really amazing pendants, table lamps, etc out there, they’re not exactly all within reach of a tight budget.
So, today I’m sharing some DIY ways you can recreate those lighting trends with your own two hands, on a serious budget.
Here’s 8 lighting trends you can totally DIY…
1. (above) Turn a giant basket upside down, poke a hole, add a lighting kit and you’ve got yourself a DIY version of this statement pendant spotted at Villa Palmier.
Side note…You can actually rent this home (it’s in St Barts) and if money were no object, I would definitely be booking a stay! (Image via Villa Palmier)
3. Bring the outdoors in with a simple lighting hack using none other than a terra cotta pot.
Yes, you heard me right…
4. How cool are these modern tube lights that adorn the ceilings of Tusk?
5. Jump on the wicker and rattan wagon, but make sure you do it even bigger and better.
This light seen on Atelier Vime could be your next DIY project.
All you would need is to find the perfect oversized flat basket or rattan wall hanging (something like this could do the trick), and a light kit.
Thread the cord and socket through the top of the basket, and attach your lightbulb. Probably safest to stick to LED lights that won’t overheat, though… (Image via Atelier Vime)
6. This fringe pendant light from Anthro is all kinds of sophisticated, but it also comes with a hefty price tag. So if you want to try making your own, check out the ring DIY chandelier that Studio DIY made. (Image via Anthropologie)
Just opt for a larger bulb. (Image via Emily Henderson)
How do you feel about DIY lighting projects? Do they intimidate or inspire?