Lemonade is cool and all, but in my opinion, limes are where it’s at. So, I thought I’d make some quick limeade popsicles before summer officially says its goodbye, in a couple of weeks. Summer, please don’t go!
In true summer fashion, I wanted this recipe to be easy breezy, so it’s only three ingredients. Quick. Easy. And delicious.
Here’s how to make your own…
Ingredients (makes 12 popsicles):
1 fresh lime, 2-3 large fresh strawberries, limeade – I like Simply Limeade, but you can easily make your own too. There’s a limeade recipe on Martha Stewart that looks super easy.
knife and popsicle mold (mine is from Amazon)
1. Slice up 1 lime as thin as possible. And slice or chop strawberries as well.
2. Add lime slices and strawberries to popsicle wells. A couple of slices of lime and a few strawberry slices per popsicle is all you need.
3. Pour limeade into the popsicle molds, over the fruit.
4. Add popsicle sticks (if you’re not using a popsicle mold like mine, you’ll want to place the molds in the freezer for about 45 minutes before adding the popsicle sticks). Freeze until hardened -typically takes 3-4 hours.
5. Run under warm water for 15-20 second to easily pop the popsicles out of the mold. Enjoy!
Not into the strawberry and lime combo?
Changing this recipe up is super simple. Switch out the strawberries for fresh melon, orange slices, or even cucumber.
Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
Hope you’ll give this recipe a try before the fall season sets in. Everyone says that summer is over after Labor Day. But I’m riding this out until the season officially ends in a few weeks.
Are you as sad to see summer go as I am? Or are you excited about the fall season?
For more popsicle recipes like this one, click here.