About a month and a half ago, I cut off nearly ten inches of my hair and basically freaked out. I was getting tired of the long hair that I had literally ALWAYS had (except for that one time in seventh grade that I’ve pretty much blocked out of memory), so I cut it off on a total whim. Probably wouldn’t recommend doing that again.
But now that the panic has worn off, and it’s starting to grow out (ever so slightly), I’m coming around to it. The main thumbs up is the fact that it takes way less time to wash my hair and/or get tangles out, but there are some days that it looks good with a hat. So I can’t complain.
Anyway, this post isn’t a PSA about how you should never cut off that many inches of hair on a whim. Although, I do wholeheartedly believe that to be true. Because now that I don’t have crazy cat lady length hair, I can actually try some fun hair tutorials. I started a board for my faves and thought I’d share some of my top
knot notch picks today. Just in case you’re as into hair tutorials as I have been as of late.
Here are 7 hair tutorials I’m really loving lately…
1. (above) the perfect messy top knot from Camille Styles
2. 3 easy hair part tutorials from Cup of Jo
3. front row braid tutorial from Barefoot Blonde
4. fishtail top knot tutorial from Studio DIY
5. how to style a low bun from A Beautiful Mess
6. topsy half do from Say Yes
7. braided crown tutorial from Tessa Ray Anne
How do you like to do your hair during the hot summer months? Do you go with braids, buns, or neither?