Using those same coasters from last week’s two tier jewelry dish, I made these $2 cupcake stands in all of 60 seconds! Which makes this the perfect last minute party DIY to try.
And based on the comment suggestions from that last Ikea hack, I thought I would add a pop of color too. I’m sensing some #colorblockvibes coming on. And speaking of which, in addition to today’s cupcake stand tutorial, I’m also announcing the winner of the Color Block Vibes contest. Click through to find out if you’re a winner!
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own super inexpensive cupcake stand in one minute flat…
- Ikea cork coasters (a set of 2 of the smaller size is $1.49 and a set of the larger is $1.99)
- wood napkin rings (a bag of 5 is $2.50, which makes each napkin ring $0.50)
- (optional) mini wood bowls, which are $1.50 each for a different look
- hot glue gun
- acrylic paint and paint brush
1. Start by painting wood napkin rings and/or mini wood bowls in your favorite colors. You can also paint the cork coasters if you want, but cork absorbs paint really quickly, so it may require multiple coats OR a primer before painting.
2. Then you just need a hot glue gun of E6000 and you’re good to! Attach the two pieces together (with the napkin ring or bowl underneath the coaster), let the glue dry, add cupcakes. Done!
3. You can also stack several napkin rings on top of each other for a taller stand, if desired.
Photography and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
What do you think of the pop of color? Think you’ll give this DIY a try for your next party?
P.S. The winner of the #colorblockvibes contest is… Quiet Clementine. Congrats! You just won a $250 shopping spree anywhere you want! Yay! Not a winner? Stay tuned because later this week the next hashtag contest will begin, which means another chance to win!
4 comments | Click here to reply
[…] Painted Basket by Tell Love and Party Pinwheel Placemats by The Crafted Life – Cupcake Stand by Paper and […]SIX FUN IKEA HACKS TO TRY - Tell Love and PartyTell Love and Party
[…] DIY Cupcake Stands via Paper & Stitch – I need to try this!!! […]Currently Loving | A Cookie Named Desire
That’s a fantastic idea, I love the colour scheme and just how easy this is!Michelle