They’re a great for any summer celebration… Cinco de Mayo, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, or any other day of the year. Click through for the quick and easy recipe idea.
Special Tools Needed for Margarita Snow Cones
One thing that’s essential to any snow cone recipe, spiked or not, is a snow cone maker. And there are tons of options on Amazon from down and dirty (cheap and ugly but get the job done) to fancy and photo-worthy.
Other than that, I’d recommend using a squeeze bottle like this one. It’s much easier to get the liquid into the snow cone this way. Highly recommend it!
And you’ll also need paper cones, which you can buy on Amazon. What would we do without Amazon?!
Ingredients for Margarita Snow Cones
- ingredients for your favorite margarita cocktail recipe (A Spicy Perspective and How Sweet Eats has a good pink grapefruit margarita recipe)
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt (for garnish)
- pink of lime zest (for garnish)
- lime slices (for garnish)
Instructions for Margarita Snow Cones
1. Mix all the ingredients for a typical margarita, as you would any other cocktail. Pour into a squeeze bottle and set aside.
2. Next, add ice through a snow cone maker to create shaved snow cone ice. One cup of ice is the (average) equivalent of one snow cone. It does depend on the size of your cone though.
3. Add shaved ice to snow cone cups. Then pour the margarita from step 1 on top of the ice.
4. Garnish with pink Himalayan sea salt, lime zest, and a lime wedge. Drink up!
Photography Brittni Mehlhoff
Have any plans for Cinco de Mayo this year? Think you’ll give these margarita snow cones a try?! For more cocktail ideas, head over to the cocktail recipes page.