This contributor post was written by Patty of P.S. it’s in the details.
I have a cute project to share with you this month, just in time for Spring decorating (and Easter) ~ pretty paper carrots!
Here are the materials you will need: 1. orange cardstock 2. paper trimmer 3. scissors 4. bowl of water 5. orange ink 6. brown ink 7. sponge applicators 8. glue dots 9. fuzzy green yarn
Here is how you make it:
1. Cut the orange cardstock into rectangular pieces. Cut assorted sizes so you can make different carrot sizes.
2. Immerse the cardstock pieces in a bowl of water until soaked through.
3. Remove the cardstock pieces from the water. Carefully crumple them and squeeze the excess water out. Gently open the pieces and lay flat to dry.
4. When the paper is completely dry you can freehand cut carrot shapes. Make them all different sizes and shapes. Don’t worry about being perfect.
5. Use a sponge applicator to rub orange ink across the raised surface of a carrot. The ink will highlight the texture. Also apply orange ink around the sides of the carrot to add dimension.
6. Use a sponge applicator and apply brown ink to the side edges of the carrot. This will add even more dimension.
7. Add a bit of fuzzy green yarn for the carrot tops. Place a glue dot or two on the backside of the carrot and press the yarn onto the glue dot.
Look ~ You grew a crop of carrots!
Not only are they cute, they are very versatile… you can use them as-is for a decoration; add one to a gift tag; make a carrot garland; use as an accent on a card or scrapbook layout…. any other ideas?
About Patty: Patty Schaffer is the owner of P.S. it’s in the details, an Etsy shop where you can find creative paper things that will make you ooooo and ahhh! Her shop specializes in paper accents for scrapbooking, card making, gift giving and home decor. Patty also shares DIY and craft projects, news on upcoming shop releases and other fun things on her blog, Capture the Details.
Like this tutorial? Help spread the word by sharing it on facebook, twitter, and stumbleupon using the handy buttons below.
10 comments | Click here to reply
Another cute and adorable DIY worth trying!! This is so cuteee 😉 I thought about using it as a bookmarks since I love reading so much!
http://pupuutc.wordpress.comKhairunnisa Putri Kanhida
[…] Paper Carrot Decoration – Paper & Stitch […]Top 35 Carrot Crafts And Desserts To Make For Easter
Spring DIY: How to make Paper Carrot Decorations http://t.co/XBFAUq8d vÃa @sharethisMonik Clovers (@MonikClovers)
Wanted to thank you for your terrific idea! I got caught up in trying different things! It became most addictive! Again, appreciated your share! CM2CM2
I write the blog
and I want to present there your idea.
In addition to the link to your blog I want to post your photo.
I hope you agree.
Spring DIY: How to make Paper Carrot Decorations | papernstitch http://t.co/PDJmeOoJDebbie Hodge (@GetItScrapped)
So nice…can i post your photo on my own blog? i will link to your toturial, tooKirstenK
Very cute idea http://t.co/6Whi2fXfBeth (@PBlvr2)
i have a fun tutorial up on the papernstitch blog: Spring DIY: How to make Paper Carrot Decorations http://t.co/MKdkNgAr(@psinthedetails) (@psinthedetails)
RT @papernstitch: Spring DIY: How to make Paper Carrot Decorations: This contributor post was written by Pattyâ€¦ http://t.co/VKbD0k77(@mariahdanielsen) (@mariahdanielsen)