If there is one (newish) craft supply that I am loving more than any other lately, it has to be Lumi Inkodye. I used it for these Thanksgiving napkins last year, and since then, have thought of a zillion other ways to use this stuff. Although I haven’t tried any of those ideas until now.
So…for Valentine’s Day, I made these fabric message gift bags with some help from the sun, some stickers, and (of course) Inkodye. You can create conversation heart messaging (Be Mine, Luv You, etc) or add names to create candy-filled place setting bags for V-day dinner guests instead.
Want to make your own? Here’s what you’ll need…
- Lumi Inkodye (which you can get from Darby Smart)
- Cloth Favor Bags (again from Darby Smart)
- Sticker Letters (which are available on Amazon)
1. Start by shaking up the Lumi Inkodye for at least 30 seconds. Then snap open the package, according to instructions, and spread the dye all over the bag. Use the ends of the packaging to scrape the dye around, making sure it evenly coats the fabric.
2. Next, create a message on each bag with a pack of letter stickers.
3. Then, place the bags outside, in direct sunlight, for 15-30 minutes (depends on the time of day – peak sun hours will need less time).
4. Then bring back indoors and remove the stickers in a low light area. Wash the bags according to the Inkodye instructions and let them dry flat.
Stuff the finished gift bags with wrapped candy, macarons, candied blood oranges…whatever makes your heart (and stomach) go pitter patter, and enjoy.
Concept, photography, and styling by Brittni Mehlhoff
Have you started thinking about Valentine’s Day yet? What kinds of holiday projects do you have up your sleeve for next month?
This post is in partnership with Darby Smart. Thank you for supporting the brands that make this blog possible.